Multi Dark Souls CE (Metal Tin) [North America]

Oct 18, 2011
Norway
I Have no idea where I should post this, so I'm just posting here.

I recently bought the Dark Souls Steelbook from ebay and it came in the mail today, however i've never been as perplexed before when I got a steelbook. I have no idea what it is supposed to be.

What I got was a large steel box (about twice the size of a G1 DVD case), and when I opened it, it was empty (do note that I only bought the steelbook, no game). It was just like a lunchbox. No casing to hold the Blu-ray or manual. nothing at all. I figured I could put my entire Dark Souls game in it, which fits when I remove the plastic casing inside, but it just rattles around.

I've been sending messages to the person I bought it from, because i'm curious what was removed from it. As it stands I have no use for this Dark Souls Steelbook, except I got a pretty nice lunch box.. I guess.

Attachments

• dark souls.jpg
    dark souls.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your post Liad! I believe what you are referring to is the collector's edition of Dark Souls that contained a tin box that housed all the items.

I don't believe it's a steelbook.

Hopefully a collector with knowledge of this release in this forum can provide more info?

Hi Liad, what you have there is the tin that came with the collectors edition. There is actually no steelbook for this release. There once was one announced I believe, but got cancelled and this is what came out...for both PS3 and Xbox 360. Don't fear, you got what you paid for, it's the only metal case there is for Dark Souls. If the auction said "steelbook", then it was misleading. Inside the tin was the comon retail packaged game you could normally buy, and art book, and codes to redeem for a mini strategy guide, soundtrack, and behind the scenes video...all DLC. Pretty disappointing to me as I love steels, but as far as I know, they are somewhat scarce, so it's a cool thing to own. Hope this helps.