Did Vettel deserve the penalty? (F1 Canadian GP 2019)

Do you agree with the penalty Vettel was handed at the Canadian GP?

• YES

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Funashi

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2017
Asia

YouTube

Did Vettel re-joined the track in an unsafe manner? Or was he doing all he could not to hit the wall?

Do you think they should've treated it as a "racing incident"?

Last edited:
I've seen much worse and more dangerous re-entries to the track. I don't think Vettel rejoined the track unsafely.

Lewis didn't lose his front wing. Vettel didn't try to shove him into the wall. He may have tried to block Hamilton but every driver would have done the same thing. Even Hamilton said it is "natural instinct" that driver tries to defend his position in such circumstances. They were racing.

I think the penalty was not necessary. Don't steal the race from drivers.

100% IMO. No way he needed to drive that far over to the right side of the track when rejoining... he clearly did it just to stop Hamilton from overtaking. Thankfully Hamilton has good reflexes, otherwise it could've resulted in a crash.

It's not the first time Vettel's done something like that though and refused blame, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

• Thanks
Reactions: subbuteo
100% IMO. No way he needed to drive that far over to the right side of the track when rejoining... he clearly did it just to stop Hamilton from overtaking. Thankfully Hamilton has good reflexes, otherwise it could've resulted in a crash.

It's not the first time Vettel's done something like that though and refused blame, and I'm sure it won't be the last!
I think no one would just leave a door open for Lewis in a situation like that. If It was Schuey, he would have shoved Lewis into the wall like he did it to Rubens in Hungary 2010!

Vettel had a chance to build a 5 second gap to Lewis if he stayed focused instead of whining on the radio. That was typical of him, yeah.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I think no one would just leave a door open for Lewis in a situation like that. If It was Schuey, he would have shoved Lewis into the wall like he did it to Rubens in Hungary 2010!

Vettel had a chance to build a 5 second gap to Lewis if he stayed focused instead of whining on the radio. That was typical of him, yeah.
Yeah, you're right... many other drivers probably would've done the same, and I'm sure they would've received the same penalty for it too.

You're also right there as well... Vettel is his own worst enemy and does more damage to his speed/time than anyone else, because he's always too busy throwing his toys out of the pram.

Reactions: Funashi
Last edited:
Reactions: vexred