Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
T
This slip sucks ass. Hard printed huge 4K banner at the top AND hard printed bbfc logos on both the front and spine! :angry:

It's basic flat, hard, glossy card, nothing special. Only saving grace is the non printed jcard and the nice rear artwork...

The steelbook is very lacklustre in hand with the matte finish and the "blue" blu-ray disc sucks. The booklet is probably the nicest part imo. The 2 cards are almost pointless, but fine.

Probably sending mine back, like f<"k am I paying £45 for this.

View attachment 537575
Thanks for the updates. Can't remember another Zavvi slip that had the 4K banner actually printed on it. Assuming Disney is to blame, but blame Zavvi as well for marketing this trash. Agree the back looks good and without the front banner and bbfc logos this would have been a worthwhile slip to own. Instead they ruined it.

Is it? Balls. Same as the smlife 4K slips then, so I'm actually not all that surprised. Is the back the same wanda art as the target release, or is it a hard printed jcard? Any nice finish to the slip?
Sorry was away. But you’ve seen it now anyway. I’d rather they just focus on giving the steels a finish

T

Thanks for the updates. Can't remember another Zavvi slip that had the 4K banner actually printed on it. Assuming Disney is to blame, but blame Zavvi as well for marketing this trash. Agree the back looks good and without the front banner and bbfc logos this would have been a worthwhile slip to own. Instead they ruined it.
Agreed. The 4K banner unfortunately I'm not surprised. Disney made smlife in korea do the same thing with their semi premium 4K slips. It's only when Disney stopped releasing 4K discs in korea that the banner was dropped and replaced by a far more subtle bluray logo in the bottom left.

Reactions: Boilersteel
This slip sucks ass. Hard printed huge 4K banner at the top AND hard printed bbfc logos on both the front and spine! :angry:

It's basic flat, hard, glossy card, nothing special. Only saving grace is the non printed jcard and the nice rear artwork...

The steelbook is very lacklustre in hand with the matte finish and the "blue" blu-ray disc sucks. The booklet is probably the nicest part imo. The 2 cards are almost pointless, but fine.

Probably sending mine back, like f<"k am I paying £45 for this.

View attachment 537575
sad season 1 GIF by Sorry For Your Loss

How do they botch it that badly? Yikes.

Reactions: Boilersteel
I noticed that there isn't any mention of French language audio or subtitles in the listings or on J-cards for the UK release.

However there is mention of French language audio and subtitles for the 4K disc (but not the Blu-ray) for the upcoming "Lightyear" release in the UK.

Is there anybody who might be kind enough to check the UK 4K and Blu-ray discs of "Multiverse" to see if the menus include French language audio and subtitles?

Canada still doesn't have a release for this steelbook and I don't know if they ever will.

Thank you.

Still over £30 with discount (£31.68)

I'm gonna wait for premium copies as with Disney+ IMAX Full screen versions, am in no rush to own for rewatch sake.

Shame but zavvi getting more greedy, and cost of living going up, am NOT paying more than 20-25 for a basic steel anymore (unless the movie really grabs me, I may be tempted lol)

Still over £30 with discount (£31.68)

I'm gonna wait for premium copies as with Disney+ IMAX Full screen versions, am in no rush to own for rewatch sake.

Shame but zavvi getting more greedy, and cost of living going up, am NOT paying more than 20-25 for a basic steel anymore (unless the movie really grabs me, I may be tempted lol)
You will be left waiting
The IMAX enhanced Full screen version is exclusive to Disney+

None of the other IMAX enhanced Full screen versions that's on Disney+ has got a Physical Media release

£32.99 has always been the price for UK Disney 4K UHD steelbooks since Disney started to provide 4K UHD Discs with new film releases

It's back catalogue films from Disney that later got a 4K UHD steelbook release or a re-release that had prices of £24.99 to £29.99

What do people prefer out of interest when viewing their MCU films? Proper 4K on a physical disc or D+ streaming 4K but with the IMAX ratio?

What do people prefer out of interest when viewing their MCU films? Proper 4K on a physical disc or D+ streaming 4K but with the IMAX ratio?
I prefer the IMAX enhanced versions on Disney+

I still though purchase some of the Marvel live action films on 4K UHD and view both Physical Media and Disney+ versions
It will also depend on the disc extras that is included if I use physical media version more often

It's the Disney Animated Films/Pixar I mostly stopped purchasing on Physical Media and view on Disney+ instead