Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

a_o

Sep 3, 2019
Release date: August 5, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: TBA

71aX1dA5jBL._AC_SX679_.jpg

71Lzz5UV0fL._AC_SX679_.jpg
710z2eF6n7L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I have TV that is good with 3D, 4K, 2D blu-ray and ... well normal TV viewing. Plenty of apps - tho I have no use of them. Just as it happens latest update came today. LG. I'm happy with it ! :thumbs:
@Space Cadet : could clarify the above: are you telling me that LG is planning to release new LG 3D televisions or am I reading this wrong? I still have an Oled LG 55E6V 3D , but i wish LG would or some other company would release new TVs with 3D. the market is still hugh in japan, I understand in the US also many people still like to watch movies in 3D. a lof of new movies are still released in Imax 3D: Dune / Spiderman No way home /Doctor strange in the multiverse / Jurassic World Dominion/ Thor Love and Thunder . and do not forget this year Avatar again in Imax 3D and Avatar 2 the way of Water

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
@Space Cadet : could clarify the above: are you telling me that LG is planning to release new LG 3D televisions or am I reading this wrong? I still have an Oled LG 55E6V 3D , but i wish LG would or some other company would release new TVs with 3D. the market is still hugh in japan, I understand in the US also many people still like to watch movies in 3D. a lof of new movies are still released in Imax 3D: Dune / Spiderman No way home /Doctor strange in the multiverse / Jurassic World Dominion/ Thor Love and Thunder . and do not forget this year Avatar again in Imax 3D and Avatar 2 the way of Water
They aren't, no. By "latest update came today" he meant a software update came through for his current model lol

When Avatar 2 is released I don't expect 4K TV manufacturers to add 3D playback ability to lot's new 4K TV panels
There might be some exception as in 1 or 2 new tv's but I don't expect it will happen you will see lot's of new 4K tv's made have 3D playback ability just because of Avatar

Those expecting Avatar 2 to relaunch a massive interest in 3D and to provide 3D playback ability on new 4K Tv's are going to be disappointed in my opinion
I might be wrong but I just don't see it happening

3D Blu-ray disc market share is tiny and even less than 4K UHD discs
There is a reason why lot of films are not getting Blu-ray 3D releases in lot of countries now compared to years ago

4K UHD discs that's still outsold by DVD and Blu-ray so to expect 3D format that's been in decline a few years now to increase the demand of other films get 3D releases just because of Avatar 2/3/4
I don't see it happerning

3D format is in decline and will continue

Exactly.
Couldn't 'they' leave 1 model in production for those remaining that want one. Advertising it as the last and only one would keep its sales going for a while.
I mean, they kept making Laserdisc players till 2009, 10+ years after DVD and 3 years into HD and BD discs.

Probably not profitable enough. All these companies do things for money.

If there was real money to be made then some company would probably still be manufacturing 3D TV's.

Just because a few people here and there want a new 3D TV doesn't mean there is enough (or any) money to be made from it.

Reactions: samdavies
Agreed. It's a dead format, accept it. VHS aint coming back either btw :thanks: (for reference i love 3D, I'm just a realist)
It’ll probably come back eventually, but who knows when or how it will look (technologically speaking) relative to what we’ve known up until now as 3D. Based on past history, the next wave usually takes a few decades to materialize. So, we’ve likely still have quite a wait ahead of us.

Reactions: 3Maters
Probably not profitable enough. All these companies do things for money.

If there was real money to be made then some company would probably still be manufacturing 3D TV's.

Just because a few people here and there want a new 3D TV doesn't mean there is enough (or any) money to be made from it.
I don't know how expensive it is to keep an assembly line taken up with a 3D TV production, or if it has to be a separate one, or just can be sometimes done on another one, where different models are made, but I'm sure they've miscalculated, dropping support simultaneously everywhere, while there were many users that would upgrade, and new ones that just didn't get to it, because TV purchases aren't made every year.

I don't know how expensive it is to keep an assembly line taken up with a 3D TV production, or if it has to be a separate one, or just can be sometimes done on another one, where different models are made, but I'm sure they've miscalculated, dropping support simultaneously everywhere, while there were many users that would upgrade, and new ones that just didn't get to it, because TV purchases aren't made every year.

But with less and less 3D discs being released I just can't see enough people rushing out to buy new 3D TV's.

I get it. There are still people who want them. Just not the masses.

Reactions: samdavies