Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 16, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99

815mjQ9nx4S._AC_SY445_.jpg
71ngPf1TIJS._AC_SX342_.jpg

71zi7TXdU1L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
In order to escape an attack in space, the TARDIS makes an unscheduled landing and ends up deep inside the London Underground. Here the travellers soon find themselves engulfed in a thrilling battle with the Great Intelligence and the Yeti, a deadly enemy set to invade the Earth. But as events take a turn for the worse, it becomes clear that the golden prize is not just the Earth, but the Doctor's mind too...

This release includes all 5 surviving episodes, plus a brand new fully animated reconstruction of the missing 6th episode created from the surviving audio-only recordings.

71zi7TXdU1L._AC_SY445_.jpg

n order to escape an attack in space, the TARDIS makes an unscheduled landing and ends up deep inside the London Underground. Here the travellers soon find themselves engulfed in a thrilling battle with the Great Intelligence and the Yeti, a deadly enemy set to invade the Earth. But as events take a turn for the worse, it becomes clear that the golden prize is not just the Earth, but the Doctor's mind too...

This release includes all 5 surviving episodes, plus a brand new fully animated reconstruction of the missing 6th episode created from the surviving audio-only recordings.

View attachment 491936
There I was hoping this meant they had recovered the missing episode!

Amazon has the release date as 1 June 2022 (!), which I realise must be a place-marker. Apart from being way in the future, it is also a Wednesday...

Received my copy from Amazon today.

As is Amazon's want, though, it was sent in a standard A1 cardboard mailer via Royal Mail, which means it's been used as a football en route and has arrived with a dent on the front and one on the rear. Replacement copy already requested.

Received my copy from Amazon today.

As is Amazon's want, though, it was sent in a standard A1 cardboard mailer via Royal Mail, which means it's been used as a football en route and has arrived with a dent on the front and one on the rear. Replacement copy already requested.
Replacement copy just received via Amazon Logistics, so less opportunity for it to have been thrown around en route unlike via Royal Mail. So has arrived without any dents... BUT... with a whopping great SPINE SLASH!!! Arghhh!!!

• Wow
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Arrived today (on release day, this doesn't always happen with international pre-orders, very nice surprise). Steelbook was mint as well, so happy all around. :drool:

Replacement copy just received via Amazon Logistics, so less opportunity for it to have been thrown around en route unlike via Royal Mail. So has arrived without any dents... BUT... with a whopping great SPINE SLASH!!! Arghhh!!!
Could you swap the front and back plates over?

You'd probably still have tiny nicks on the spine edges, but not on the spine itself.

Could you swap the front and back plates over?

You'd probably still have tiny nicks on the spine edges, but not on the spine itself.
Ha-ha - that's exactly what I've done! So the one I'm returning now has a spine slash and two dented plates! As you say, there are tiny nicks on the two 'good' plates, but they're barely noticeable (you have to look very hard to see them, or run you finger over to detect the slight nicks). Certainly looks much better than the full slash across the spine, which was actually quite deep and resulted in denting the spine as well!

Also saves me from having to return a second item and risking getting yet another damaged one, Although it wouldn't have been the first time it's taken more than two attempts at getting an undamaged steelbook - I think I had 3 or 4 copies of 'Moon' before I received one without any issues (one had a totally mis-aligned spine)!