Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 22, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: 4K UHD Disc Region Free - Blu-ray Disc Region B Locked

FQ9XJA_XEAA2fBb.jpg

118624165_1921480611319696_9144260590218344996_o.jpg

Special Features

• A new 4K restoration from the Original Camera Negative approved by Director Neil Marshall and Director of Photography Sam McCurdy
  • Features 4K UHD and Blu-ray with bonus features on both formats
  • 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • Archive audio commentary by Director Neil Marshall
  • Archive audio commentary by Neil Marshall, Sam McCurdy, producer Keith Bell and actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd and Liam Cunningham
  • New audio commentary by writer and Associate Professor of Film Alison Peirse
  • Werewolves, Crawlers, Cannibals and More: a new 40-minute interview with Neil Marshall
  • A History of Lycanthropy: author Gavin Baddeley on Werewolf Cinema
  • Werewolves, Folklore and Cinema: a video essay by author Mikel J. Koven
  • Werewolves vs Soldiers: The Making of Dog Soldiers with Neil Marshall, Producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, Actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, Special Effects Artist Bob Keen and more!
  • A Cottage in the Woods: an interview with Production Designer Simon Bowles
  • Combat: a short film by Neil Marshall
  • Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel with optional commentary by Neil Marshall
  • Trailers and Photo Gallery
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Chris Malbon
  • 108 page book with new essays by Craig Ian Mann, Alison Peirse, Zoë Rose Smith, Anya Stanley, exclusive interview with Neil Marshall by Matthew Thrift, plus Behind the Scenes photos
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4156

Certificate: 15

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Last edited:
It couldn't have been listed as 4K when you created the thread because I added that info....
The thread title was updated in Febuary 2021 to list 4K by me
4K in a thread title means 4K UHD
It was listed as Limted Edition the day I created the thread

Glen is replying to a post from August 2020 when it was just a Blu-ray release

It's already been known on the thread from Febuary 2021 that would also be a 4K UHD release
It was already known from day one when second sight announced the release in August 2020 the Blu-ray was going to use a 4K scan remaster

The purpose of Second Sight post in Feburary 2021 was to let people know they decided to use that 4K scan remaster to also do a 4K UHD release as in do both 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases

Both 4K UHD and Blu-ray is using the same 4K Scan remaster

4K scan remaster does not mean 4K UHD

4K scan means scanning a negative or Interpositive or a film print in 4K and from that scan doing a remaster
A film label can then decide to use that 4K scan remaster to release on DVD/Blu-ray/UHD or as a digital file

That 4K scan remaster got a 4K digital release and a cinema release in October 2020 it's available view on iTunes in 4K if you have Apple TV 4K Box and other digital streaming platforms Amazon/Google play etc have HD digital versions
Vertigo Releasing did the 4K scan remaster

Second Sight release doing a physical format takes time as in getting new extras made and also takes time to do the encoding of the 4K digital file for use on a UHD or Blu-ray disc release
They also doing a new scan of the negative they got from film studio as in see if they can improve it over the existing produced 4K remastered digital file that Vertigo Releasing did.
It can take months sometimes to get a finished there is a big difference in what you see on a streaming platform and a UHD or Blu-ray disc release a lot more is invovled in producing a physical disc release from a new negative scan even if that has already a 4K restored digital file available.
Sometimes you get an improvement on the existing 4K scan remaster by doing a new scan of the negative but there has been instances it can end up worse if not done correctely.

It's already been known on the thread from Febuary 2021 that would also be a 4K UHD release
It was already known from day one when second sight announced the release in August 2020 the Blu-ray was going to use a 4K scan remaster

The purpose of Second Sight post in Feburary 2021 was to let people know they decided to use that 4K scan remaster to also do a 4K UHD release as in do both 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases

4K scan means scanning a negative or Interpositive or a film print in 4K and from that scan doing a remaster
A film label can then decide to use that 4K scan remaster to release on DVD/Blu-ray/UHD or as a digital file

That 4K scan remaster got a 4K digital release and a cinema release in October 2020 it's available view on iTunes in 4K if you have Apple TV 4K Box and other digital streaming platforms Amazon/Google play etc have HD digital versions

Second Sight release doing a physical format takes time as in getting new extras made and also takes time to do the encoding of the 4K digital file for use on a UHD or Blu-ray disc release
They also doing a new scan of the negative they got from film studio as in see if they can improve it over the existing produced 4K remastered digital file that Vertigo Releasing did.
It can take months sometimes to get a finished there is a big difference in what you see on a streaming platform and a UHD or Blu-ray disc release a lot more is invovled in producing a physical disc release from a new negative scan even if that has already a 4K restored digital file available.
Sometimes you get an improvement on the existing 4K scan remaster by doing a new scan of the negative but there has been instances it can end up worse if not done correctely.
I dunno
Still confused
Will there be a UHD in this release??
Please clarify Paul

I dunno
Still confused
Will there be a UHD in this release??
Please clarify Paul
F#@k me, I can't believe I just sat here and counted each and every time he wrote 4K :wacky::wacky: 24 ******* TIMES IN ONE POST!! o_O I think I'll probably just fall asleep and dream about 4K UHD's now, thanks Paul :thumbs: :sleep::sleep:

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Second Sight could do a steelbook. See link below.

However, it will depend on how fast this boxset sells out and whether or not they want to do a second limited edition when it does sell out.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Second Sight could do a steelbook. See link below.

However, it will depend on how fast this boxset sells out and whether or not they want to do a second limited edition when it does sell out.

I guess it's not impossible. But usually it wouldn't be announced until years after initial first release...

Still haven't seen it, and don't have any copies, probably time to finally buy it, as I like the director.

I do hope for a Doomsday 4K premium or 4K digibook release I enjoyed that film alot but I am not getting my hopes up...

View attachment 483470
I absolutely love Doomsday, and Rhona Mitra should have been the next kick-ass action heroine.

Second Sight Films live to pre order
£39.99

Special Features

• A new 4K restoration from the Original Camera Negative approved by Director Neil Marshall and Director of Photography Sam McCurdy
  • Features 4K UHD and Blu-ray with bonus features on both formats
  • 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • Archive audio commentary by Director Neil Marshall
  • Archive audio commentary by Neil Marshall, Sam McCurdy, producer Keith Bell and actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd and Liam Cunningham
  • New audio commentary by writer and Associate Professor of Film Alison Peirse
  • Werewolves, Crawlers, Cannibals and More: a new 40-minute interview with Neil Marshall
  • A History of Lycanthropy: author Gavin Baddeley on Werewolf Cinema
  • Werewolves, Folklore and Cinema: a video essay by author Mikel J. Koven
  • Werewolves vs Soldiers: The Making of Dog Soldiers with Neil Marshall, Producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, Actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, Special Effects Artist Bob Keen and more!
  • A Cottage in the Woods: an interview with Production Designer Simon Bowles
  • Combat: a short film by Neil Marshall
  • Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel with optional commentary by Neil Marshall
  • Trailers and Photo Gallery
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Chris Malbon
  • 108 page book with new essays by Craig Ian Mann, Alison Peirse, Zoë Rose Smith, Anya Stanley, exclusive interview with Neil Marshall by Matthew Thrift, plus Behind the Scenes photos
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4156

Certificate: 15

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B