Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 22, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: 4K UHD Disc Region Free - Blu-ray Disc Region B Locked

FQ9XJA_XEAA2fBb.jpg

118624165_1921480611319696_9144260590218344996_o.jpg

Special Features

• A new 4K restoration from the Original Camera Negative approved by Director Neil Marshall and Director of Photography Sam McCurdy
  • Features 4K UHD and Blu-ray with bonus features on both formats
  • 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • Archive audio commentary by Director Neil Marshall
  • Archive audio commentary by Neil Marshall, Sam McCurdy, producer Keith Bell and actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd and Liam Cunningham
  • New audio commentary by writer and Associate Professor of Film Alison Peirse
  • Werewolves, Crawlers, Cannibals and More: a new 40-minute interview with Neil Marshall
  • A History of Lycanthropy: author Gavin Baddeley on Werewolf Cinema
  • Werewolves, Folklore and Cinema: a video essay by author Mikel J. Koven
  • Werewolves vs Soldiers: The Making of Dog Soldiers with Neil Marshall, Producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, Actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, Special Effects Artist Bob Keen and more!
  • A Cottage in the Woods: an interview with Production Designer Simon Bowles
  • Combat: a short film by Neil Marshall
  • Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel with optional commentary by Neil Marshall
  • Trailers and Photo Gallery
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Chris Malbon
  • 108 page book with new essays by Craig Ian Mann, Alison Peirse, Zoë Rose Smith, Anya Stanley, exclusive interview with Neil Marshall by Matthew Thrift, plus Behind the Scenes photos
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4156

Certificate: 15

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Last edited:
That's because the official release date isn't until next Monday.

Secondsight usually ship a week earlier than the other retailers as they are creators....
I'm aware when the relewse is. Zavvi. Usually ship for a monday release by Wednesday. Like 90% of my orders are here by Friday. And usually take payment Tuesday.

I'm aware when the relewse is. Zavvi. Usually ship for a monday release by Wednesday. Like 90% of my orders are here by Friday. And usually take payment Tuesday.
OK, calm down. I'm just trying to help.

Secondsight always ship first before trade wide retailers. Just like Arrow Video....

Your issue wasn’t being aware of the release date, it’s thinking Zavvi are reliable or care enough to ship in time for release haha. More fool you for having those kinds of standard expectations of Zavvi! :spoil:

Shipped
‘I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying f***ing cow!’
So many cracking one liners

Well, in the middle of watching it now, much improved but quite grainy in places. Maybe the bar was set too high and expectations were high, so was expecting perfection but alas not quite. Sound is much better though

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet
Well, in the middle of watching it now, much improved but quite grainy in places. Maybe the bar was set too high and expectations were high, so was expecting perfection but alas not quite. Sound is much better though
Dog Soldiers never was a pretty film or shot to be that way. It was always meant to be a fairly gritty affair.

happy days. :) we've waited a long time for this release, and it doesn't disappoint. unboxathon below, or just click here for the photo album :Snap:.

View media item 28025
i tend to always like the artwork for Second Sight releases, and this is no exception. :artist: for this film, i wonder if something closer to photography might have worked better, but this is fine. art shots and the specifications below the spoiler:

i ran out of space on my custom shelves ages ago, but i'm still buying these new larger editions. :rolleyes: although this size is smaller than their limited editions for The Bababdook and The VVitch:

digipack artwork scores well:
View media item 28015

the booklet that comes with this one is a bit smaller than the chunky book that came with The VVitch, but it's another top drawer articles and essays edition :thumbs:, with some incongruous 'making of' shots at the end:

this is everything you get, including the art cards:
View media item 28003
another must have, for me. :woot:

1661002831811.png

Second Sight on a roll recently. :thumbs:
View media item 27977