Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed Don't Go in the House – Video Nasty Edition (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) (Arrow Store Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 7, 2022
Purchase link: Arrow Films
Price: £18.00
Notes: 3 Discs - Slipcover Video Nasty Edition Arrow Store Exclusive and also includes a exclusive disc

Disc Three (Limited “Nasty” Edition Exclusive):

• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the Theatrical Version from a 2K scan of an uncut British internegative, in widescreen and ‘exposed open matte’ presentations with original lossless mono audio
  • Cinema Mode: Watch the film with a recreation of an opening cinema programme from the early-1980s
  • VHS Mode: Watch the film in a transfer of the original ‘video nasty’ VHS release, with uncut and censored options
261636031_4952336381466983_5999837016045078337_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Vader
  • Limited edition Ocard featuring newly commissioned artwork by Christopher Shy
  • Reversible sleeve and foldout doublesided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Christopher Shy
  • Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Lindsay Hallam and James Flower
Disc One:

• Brand new 2K restoration from the original negative by Severin Films
  • High Definition (1080p) Bluray™ presentation of two different versions of the film: the 83minute uncut Theatrical Version, and the 89minute Television Version with additional scenes and alternate footage
  • Original lossless mono audio on both cuts
  • Optional English audio description for the blind on both cuts
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
  • Brand new commentary on the Theatrical Version by director Joseph Ellison and producer Ellen Hammill
  • Archive commentary on the Theatrical Version by star Dan Grimaldi
  • "House” Keeping, a brand new featurette by Severin Films interviewing associate producer Matthew Mallinson and cowriter/producer Joe Masefield
  • We Went in the House, a brand new featurette by Severin Films with Michael Gingold revisiting the locations from the film, including the iconic house
  • Playing with Fire, an archive interview with star Dan Grimaldi from 2005
  • Original theatrical trailers and TV spots
  • Image gallery
Disc Two:

• High Definition (1080p) Bluray presentation of the Extended Version (92 mins) of the film, with the additional scenes from the Television Version reinserted into the uncensored Theatrical Version
  • Original lossless mono audio
  • Optional English audio description for the blind
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary on the Extended Version by Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA
  • Minds on Fire, a brand new video essay by David Flint putting the film into context
  • Burn Baby Burn and The Burning Man, two archive interviews with director Joseph Ellison
  • Grindhouse AllStars: Notes From the Sleaze Cinema Underground, a documentary by High Rising Productions from 2017 interviewing exploitation filmmakers Matt Cimber, Joseph Ellison, Roy Frumkes and Jeff Lieberman
Disc Three (Limited “Nasty” Edition Exclusive)

• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the Theatrical Version from a 2K scan of an uncut British internegative, in widescreen and ‘exposed open matte’ presentations with original lossless mono audio
  • Cinema Mode: Watch the film with a recreation of an opening cinema programme from the early-1980s
  • VHS Mode: Watch the film in a transfer of the original ‘video nasty’ VHS release, with uncut and censored options
261636031_4952336381466983_5999837016045078337_n.jpg 61NS1OSUUcL._AC_SL1024_.jpg 613n4jhn20L._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Ordered! Do love that retro slipcover. Watched a lot of video nasties back in the day but this one has always eluded me so happy to have it in the collection

Note the arrow store exclusive edition has a exclusive disc

Disc Three (Limited “Nasty” Edition Exclusive):

Last edited:
It boggles my mind how some trashy pictures receive such awesome 3-disc editions, while so many great movies are not on Blu-ray at all...

Mine arrived earlier. This is such an awesome release from Arrow content wise and the slip is glorious! Hoping they continue the 'Video Nasty' theme with more releases going forward as i will happily collect the lot!!

Reactions: paulboland
There's a couple on ebay at the moment mate that ain't bad prices, around the £30 mark.
I checked all and the cheapest is 47GBP + shipping and its open.. Rest are +++++ and what you maybe seen is 2 disc Severin US Edition that has the same slip. I want Arrow one because of the third disc which is not in a regular limited editon.

I did the mistake thinking that only slipcover is different (as i didnt like the original art) and bought the one you posted and now I see it is missing third disc too :(

nope, only two cuts.

Nope. Three versions. (*sigh*)

High Definition (1080p) Bluray™ presentation of two different versions of the film: the 83minute uncut Theatrical Version, and the 89minute Television Version with additional scenes and alternate footage
High Definition (1080p) Bluray presentation of the Extended Version (92 mins) of the film, with the additional scenes from the Television Version reinserted into the uncensored Theatrical Version