HDN News Dredd 2 Officially Happening As A Judge Dredd TV Show

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
dredd2-900x505.jpg

It has been three years since it was announced, but a Judge Dredd TV show is coming. Honest.

Jason Kingsley is the CEO of Rebellion, the company with control of the franchise rights to Judge Dredd. He recently went on the YouTube show V2A Emergency Broadcast System (V2A EBS), a show that dedicates itself to everything post-apocalyptic, to update fans on what they have been hearing for three years now, via Movieweb.

Kingsley says, “I want there to be a sequel [to 2012 movie Dredd]. We’ve got the rights back so we can do it, we’ve just got to get rid of this virus thing that’s going on at the moment, and then hopefully things can kick off in all sorts of different areas of making film and TV, it’s just, it’s all very messed up at the moment for everybody. A lot of work has been done on all sorts of different scripts actually. So Mega-City One the TV show. Basically, we can’t go into production because of the [situation] and we’ve got scripts and everything is ready to go but the problem is, because of the [situation] and everybody’s funding changes and everybody’s shifting around.”

This “situation” he speaks of is none other than the COVID problem we have all been facing. But it does seem like they are ready to rock and roll once they get the clearance.

But Kingsley is not stopping at just starting production on the series. He has bigger goals in mind for the show. When the subject was broached about Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby possibly making guest starring appearances, Kingsley said absolutely, but he didn’t stop with just those two. “Well if we can get people back, you know, we even joked that it would be quite fun to get Stallone back,” he told V2A EBS.

So, the series is written and ready to shoot. There are no actors attached at the moment, but Kingsley does have his wish-list. Would Stallone and Urban be up for it? Urban, with his great work on The Boys and being used to working on a series, seems to be more likely to return as Judge Dredd. Stallone, on the other hand, seems to be set on features. But one never knows, and it can’t hurt to ask.

Kingsley also mentioned that while they are ready to shoot, they do not have a streaming service or network that has given them the green light. He did say that they were “quite a long way down the road” with a number of potential suitors but nothing has been set. We’ve waited three years, what’s another couple. Let’s just hope we get a chance to see Mega-City One in the near future.

via Giant Freakin Robot

hatredhorror

(not actually) BANNED
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
Germany
TV show = low or at least lower quality = no thanks :-/ 90% likelihood that it will be generic and forgettable imo

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Glad something is happening because I loved the 2012 movie.

I would have preferred a movie sequel, but hopefully they'll be able to pull off this TV show. As long as its not packed with cheap Sci-fi channel type CGI.....

Sounds like it might be like an anthology series......?

Reactions: hatredhorror

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Glad something is happening because I loved the 2012 movie.

I would have preferred a movie sequel, but hopefully they'll be able to pull off this TV show. As long as its not packed with cheap Sci-fi channel type CGI.....

Sounds like it might be like an anthology series......?

From the sound of it, they're considering both a movie sequel and TV series that could be possibly tied into the movie(s).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012