paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 27, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Walmart
Price: $34.99 (Amazon - Target) - $45.99 (Walmart)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

F9AA19FB-A451-46A4-9627-456248EA762E.jpeg

Last edited:
Why the feck is the US Bank building missing in the skyline portion of the artwork? I grew up in LA and that architecturally iconic skyscraper is the crown jewel of the city center. It makes no sense to omit it unless your objective is to piss us native angelenos off, in which case it's working admirably.

In the first image that was released I thought the bit with the title on it was part of the J-Card but now the artist has shared the image is it actually part of the steelbook design?
Clearly a J card

Edit: just see Lennys post

Why the feck is the US Bank building missing in the skyline portion of the artwork? I grew up in LA and that architecturally iconic skyscraper is the crown jewel of the city center. It makes no sense to omit it unless your objective is to piss us native angelenos off, in which case it's working admirably.
Order cancelled

Аh, see, another proof, if we needed one, that an actor has to approve the new artwork as well. And 'some' studios don't wanna bother, and thus we get flying turds for art.
This is very accurate, not in all cases but a lot. Especially with older movies,
Apollo 13 is one of the hardest to work around, That's why there is only one steelbook (to my knowledge with an actor/s imagery on the front) also Nintendo and Blumhouse movies are really tricky!

Reactions: CleverLoginName
As someone who is not from LA: my guess its just behind the other huge building and not visible since the proportions / view angle is different
1716985066414.png

Think I’m on my 6th now but I’ve lost count. That’s without other editions like second sight.

Patiently waiting on Plain Archive too unless that’s no longer on the cards
Plain Archive are no longer in the SteelBook game anymore. They have moved onto other products (books I believe) from what they have said. Unless something has changed, but I doubt it.