paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 27, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Walmart
Price: $34.99 (Amazon - Target) - $45.99 (Walmart)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

F9AA19FB-A451-46A4-9627-456248EA762E.jpeg

Last edited:
Plain Archive are no longer in the SteelBook game anymore. They have moved onto other products (books I believe) from what they have said. Unless something has changed, but I doubt it.
I’m sure that was the case with them before A Monster Calls eventually was released too and then they went and released it. Well into their book/ screenplay phase. And little drummer girl too. This was mentioned before those releases and they still went ahead so I assumed they’re still in the game just big gaps between releases

Edit: just checked their site and they have had Blu Ray editions release this year. And Drive, from what I remember was never confirmed to be a steelbook release so imo it could still happen

• Informative
Reactions: Masterwu
I think this will be my 6th Drive steel as well

UK
Nova
Mondo
Manta
French

Plus the second sight digipack set

:drool:
this will be my 7th edition.

manta lab OC
novamedia lenti
mondo
german futurepak
german mediabook
german 4k mediabook

one of my favs...
s-l400.jpg

I think this will be my 6th Drive steel as well

UK
Nova
Mondo
Manta
French

Plus the second sight digipack set

:drool:
You not got the pop art steel?

I got the exact same as you plus the pop art

As someone who is not from LA: my guess its just behind the other huge building and not visible since the proportions / view angle is different
View attachment 578590
Although I'm fairly positive you're being facetious in your reply I'll still answer earnestly by saying, this... is a poor excuse. It is simply inexplicable and a gross oversight and stupid. It's like forgetting to include Bohemian Rhapsody in a Queen greatest hits album. Stupid comparison, I know, but you see what I'm getting at... Still picking it up though, as I suffer from acute cognitive dissonance.

Although I'm fairly positive you're being facetious in your reply I'll still answer earnestly by saying, this... is a poor excuse.
It’s not, you can’t simply see a building from every point in a city
It is simply inexplicable and a gross oversight and stupid.
Dude it’s just a skyline for the background of an image. You are literally getting upset over a Bank building which isn’t even in the movie and no one cares about in this context. The artist probably just used a photo where you can’t see it

It's like forgetting to include Bohemian Rhapsody in a Queen greatest hits album. Stupid comparison, I know, but you see what I'm getting at...
yes stupid comparison because it’s not even close. I would get it if he would have drawn a spider on the back of Gosling’s jacket instead of a scorpion or something like that, but a building that has nothing to do with the movie except that it exists in the city it plays? Common…
Still picking it up though, as I suffer from acute cognitive dissonance.

It’s not, you can’t simply see a building from every point in a city

Dude it’s just a skyline for the background of an image. You are literally getting upset over a Bank building which isn’t even in the movie and no one cares about in this context. The artist probably just used a photo where you can’t see it

yes stupid comparison because it’s not even close. I would get it if he would have drawn a spider on the back of Gosling’s jacket instead of a scorpion or something like that, but a building that has nothing to do with the movie except that it exists in the city it plays? Common…
Look man I'm not trying to win an argument here and I'm actually surprised somebody humored my nagging nitpicking. I have a tendency to overreact to things I don't understand, it's a byproduct of my manchild neuroses. Having said that, the building is actually featured during the wide shot of downtown before the opening chase sequence and during the opening credits/Night Call sequence, so that argument is invalid. Whenever a filmmaker includes scenes of the LA skyline they ensure the "bank building" is front and center and Winding Refn is no different. And even if he hadn't, the fact remains that one of the most recognizable buildings in North America is missing in a mockup of one of the most recognizable skyline's in the world. Without that building that skyline literally looks like it can belong to any major city, which makes it even more egregious when you consider how ingrained the city of Los Angeles is to the ethos of Drive. The artist dropped the ball in neglecting to properly capture the city that enables Drive to be such an iconic film on the frontside artwork. That is not LA. It might as well be houston tx. I get I'm the only one bitching about this but isn't that the purpose of these forums? To get our unhappy thoughts out into the ether.

Without that building that skyline literally looks like it can belong to any major city, which makes it even more egregious when you consider how ingrained the city of Los Angeles is to the ethos of Drive.
I think that's the point, for it to have the style of retro synthwave, without pointing to anywhere in particular.
Look dude, I've lived in LA for a decade (and been wanting to go back ever since), and love downtown, but Drive does not have an LA feeling. It can be any city, and almost any year, but closer to the 80's.
Plus you can still see the '777' building, and for me that's as recognizable as the other one, and is enough.