martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Drive by Rory Kurtz
24"x36" Screen Print, Edition of 375
Printed by D&L Screenprinting
$50

On sale online at a random time on Thursday, January 5th.

Mondo" said:
DRIVE remains one of our favorite movies of the last few years. Ryan Gosling instantly cemented his portrayal of the “Driver” as a modern cinematic icon, and director Nicolas Winding Refn expertly used an equally iconic L.A. setting as more than just a backdrop as the city took on a character in itself amongst the violence and mystery at play. Rory Kurtz blew us away with his output in 2016 and when he told us he loved the film, we knew immediately this was a perfect fusion of artist and property. He did not disappoint.

Drive.jpg

any idea whens a good time (or wheres a good place) to get this for a reasonable price? will this go only upwards now?

any idea whens a good time (or wheres a good place) to get this for a reasonable price? will this go only upwards now?

best chance would be any APs that Rory gets. beyond that, given how hot he has been in general, the likely trend will continue upwards.

the graduate has gone for $275 on it's last auction and it was out in Oct 2016.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Heads up ninjas, Rory will be putting his AP's up tomorrow and reckons he has 16 of them.
Drive AP info

Rory Kurtz Drive APs on sale tomorrow afternoon, Thursday January 12th, at a random time between 11am and Noon (CST).

*Update* only 16 APs for tomorrow's sale. Not numbered.

$250

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Given what it's going for on the secondary market, I think that's a fair assumption.

Even faster than the Mondo drop, because there won't be 375 copies this time..
I'm definitely not gonna even try when it's priced at 250 usd. That is insane! All this is gonna do is drive the secondary market price up even further. (no pun intended)

I love Drive. This is one of the best prints i've seen. But i wouldn't pay more than $100 for it. Unless, i was filthy rich. And according to my recent bank statement, I'm a broke a$s m@f*cker!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I was there, I first was like ouch when seeing the $250 but then I went to ebay to see those prices and then I felt like $250 was fair and also going into the Artists' hands. And sometimes deals are worked in this regard allownig an artist to make money on the secondary market at some inflated prices from the original. Some collectors put a bit more merit and valule in APs and they are of course signed. So just kinda depends.

Ive seen others have prices that high. Stout doesnt but I hear he gets a TON of the run so based on kurtz amount vs. stout it makes sense and evens out I'd say.

And I didnt score at the drop ha. Oh wells.

250$ is ok.. demand is high and its his art, so he can ask whatever he wants for it.. but why the hell would i even consider paying someone who adds absolutely no value to that item twice the price lol

bet a very large share of entire printrun will find its way on ebay and price will drop eventually to a more reasonable level (hopefully around that 250$ mark)