martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Drive by Rory Kurtz
24"x36" Screen Print, Edition of 375
Printed by D&L Screenprinting
$50

On sale online at a random time on Thursday, January 5th.

Mondo" said:
DRIVE remains one of our favorite movies of the last few years. Ryan Gosling instantly cemented his portrayal of the “Driver” as a modern cinematic icon, and director Nicolas Winding Refn expertly used an equally iconic L.A. setting as more than just a backdrop as the city took on a character in itself amongst the violence and mystery at play. Rory Kurtz blew us away with his output in 2016 and when he told us he loved the film, we knew immediately this was a perfect fusion of artist and property. He did not disappoint.

Drive.jpg

Just seen it. That is just beautiful! I'm at work then and it will be impossible to get of course:( ****!

Just putting it out there, if someone should score one and not want it, I'll happily take it off your hands. :whistle:

Reactions: martinouchou
Saw the announcement, thought man another Drive poster but it's incredible. Still, looking forward to seeing it on ebay at 5x the price tomorrow.

Rory came by the HDN booth at MondoCon and bought the final Drive Mondo x SteelBook off of us. The guy is so humble and cool -- and he loves SteelBooks. Happy to see him working on one of his favourite films. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Anybody know around what time? I know it says random but going by previous releases?
I'm definitely gonna try to pick one or two up...

Saw the announcement, thought man another Drive poster but it's incredible. Still, looking forward to seeing it on ebay at 5x the price tomorrow.
Didn't have to wait, there are already some listings ^^
Anybody know around what time? I know it says random but going by previous releases?
I'm definitely gonna try to pick one or two up...
In my time zone (Paris) it's usually between 17h and 18h30 ;). But once (I think for a MondoCon 2015 drop, the one I got Mulholland Drive) it was at like 19h or something ^^

Didn't have to wait, there are already some listings ^^

In my time zone (Paris) it's usually between 17h and 18h30 ;). But once (I think for a MondoCon 2015 drop, the one I got Mulholland Drive) it was at like 19h or something ^^

In Ontario, you're probably looking at somewhere between 12pm and 1pm.
Thanks guys. I shall try for it. It will be live on their home page right?

Simply amazing art!! I'd really love to be able to get one. Is it true that there are usually flippers using bots on Mondo pre-orders? I heard that this is the reason why "normal" customers are having hard times ordering a copy before super-fast soldouts.

Simply amazing art!! I'd really love to be able to get one. Is it true that there are usually flippers using bots on Mondo pre-orders? I heard that this is the reason why "normal" customers are having hard times ordering a copy before super-fast soldouts.
That's actually just an excuse for people that are always late to drops ^^ Yes some people use bots to buy Mondo prints, but it's like 10 prints per drops. The rest, it's just people like you and me using F5 until the prints appear on the homepage. And of course when 1000+ people are interested in a print limited to 375, there is always going to be a lot of people missing it.. and that's them that you later on find on the Mondo FB or Twitter page telling that it's impossible to get a print because bots buy them all ^^

The reason it's hard to get a print, it's just because you're not the only one waiting for the drop. And when it's finally live, you have to be fast.

That's actually just an excuse for people that are always late to drops ^^ Yes some people use bots to buy Mondo prints, but it's like 10 prints per drops. The rest, it's just people like you and me using F5 until the prints appear on the homepage. And of course when 1000+ people are interested in a print limited to 375, there is always going to be a lot of people missing it.. and that's them that you later on find on the Mondo FB or Twitter page telling that it's impossible to get a print because bots buy them all ^^

Thanks for the explanation! I will try my best then :)

• Thanks
@garabe I thought the same thing when I saw there was another Drive poster being released. But Rory has knocked it out the park with this one.

I'll try and score this from Mondo's drop, if luck allows it!

• Thanks