Dune (1984) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: Deluxe Edition - SteelBook only (Pre-order on May 28, at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £44.99 (Deluxe Edition) - £29.99 (SteelBook only)

ezgif-5-bb94a1a7bc23.jpg ezgif-5-2a6e9040e7ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone been charged for either of these editions yet?
Not yet

It's not unusual for Zavvi to only start taking payment until Thur/Fri or even from Monday release date on some releases
It can be even after release date sometimes due to stock arriving late

Not yet

It's not unusual for Zavvi to only start taking payment until Thur/Fri or even from Monday release date on some releases
It can be even after release date sometimes due to stock arriving late
Yeah they've been pretty slow on the uptake with quite a few titles recently. I think the true romance arrow release arrived late, so it wouldn't surprise me if this did too, particularly as the US street date has been pushed back by a week or so now..

I wonder whats the difference between this and the german 4k steel?
The Arrow edition appears to have more bonus features on the 4k disc, most of these are reserved for one of the discs in the Ultimate Edition from Koch. On the other hand, there is a newly produced feature-length documentary ("The Sleeper Awakens" or some such) that ran into production troubles and was therefore canceled for the Arrow edition but will be included in the Koch releases. That's actually why the release date of the latter was pushed back (while Arrow decided to stick to the August release...).
Will be interesting to see if there's a difference in encoding. The Koch 4k seems to have more disc space available...

Btw, the non-steel limited edition box was already dispatched by Arrow. I have the steelbook coming from Diabolik and will combine these. ;)

The Arrow edition appears to have more bonus features on the 4k disc, most of these are reserved for one of the discs in the Ultimate Edition from Koch. On the other hand, there is a newly produced feature-length documentary ("The Sleeper Awakens" or some such) that ran into production troubles and was therefore canceled for the Arrow edition but will be included in the Koch releases. That's actually why the release date of the latter was pushed back (while Arrow decided to stick to the August release...).
Will be interesting to see if there's a difference in encoding. The Koch 4k seems to have more disc space available...

Btw, the non-steel limited edition box was already dispatched by Arrow. I have the steelbook coming from Diabolik and will combine these. ;)
Cool... looksie forward to yer comment onnit :)

Doh... content wise!
New extras produced exclusively for Koch Films:
  • New feature-length documentary “The Sleeper Must Wake Up - Making of DUNE” with many new interviews
  • New interview with actor Jürgen Prochnow
  • Featurette "Beyond Our Imagination - The Merchandise" by and with Brian Sillman (Netflix's THE TOYS THAT MADE US)
  • Featurette “Prophecy Fulfilled - Die Filmmusik” with new interviews with Steve Lukather and Steve Porcaro von Toto as well as film music historian Tim Greiving
  • Interview with special effects artist Giannetto De Rossi
ARROW DISC ONE – FEATURE DISC (UHD)
  • Impressions of Dune, a 2003 documentary on the making of the film, featuring interviews with star Kyle MacLachlan, producer Raffaella de Laurentiis, cinematographer Freddie Francis, editor Antony Gibbs and many others
  • Designing Dune, a 2005 featurette looking back at the work of production designer Anthony Masters
  • Dune FX, a 2005 featurette exploring the special effects in the film
  • Dune Models & Miniatures, a 2005 featurette focusing on the model effects in the film
  • Dune Costumes, a 2005 featurette looking at the elaborate costume designs seen in the film
  • Eleven deleted scenes from the film, with a 2005 introduction by Raffaella de Laurentiis
  • Destination Dune, a 1983 featurette originally produced to promote the film at conventions and publicity events
  • Theatrical trailers and TV spots
  • Extensive image galleries, including hundreds of still photos
ARROW DISC TWO – BONUS DISC (BLU-RAY)
  • Beyond Imagination: Merchandising Dune, a brand new featurette exploring the merchandise created to promote the film, featuring toy collector/producer Brian Sillman (The Toys That Made Us)
  • Prophecy Fulfilled: Scoring Dune, a brand new featurette on the film’s music score, featuring interviews with Toto guitarist Steve Lukather, Toto keyboardist Steve Porcaro, and film music historian Tim Greiving
  • Brand new interview with make-up effects artist Giannetto de Rossi, filmed in 2020
  • Archive interview with production coordinator Golda Offenheim, filmed in 2003
  • Archive interview with star Paul Smith, filmed in 2008
  • Archive interview with make-up effects artist Christopher Tucker

Reactions: monterock
Its the 4th disc from the 7 disc german release that has most of the additional extras arrow provide as standard..

Disc 4:
  • Video archive:
    • “Destination DUNE” - contemporary making of
    • “Impressions of DUNE” - making of documentary from 2003
    • Cut scenes, some with commentary by Raffaela De Laurentiis
    • Featurette “Designing DUNE” - about the production design
    • Featurette "DUNE Models and Minatures" - about the models
    • Featurette "DUNE FX" - about the special effects
    • Featurette “DUNE Wardrobe Design” - about the costumes
    • Sean Young's Super8 footage from the set
    • Interview with actor Paul Smith
    • Interview with Production Coordinator Golda Offenheim
  • Audio archive:
    • Interview with David Lynch (Guardian Lectures 1985)
    • Radio interview with Frank Herbert at the start of the film
    • David Lynch in conversation with Frank Herbert about the film launch
    • Frank Herbert on the creation of Dune

I got a dispached email from Zavvi yesterday for the deluxe edition

Was not tracked shipping this time like True Romance

I expect was shipped from Zavvi Guernsey warehouse

When I get tracked shipping an order is shipped from THG warehouse in warrington

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
Same, dispatch notice at like 11.15 last night. Be surprised if it reaches me before Thursday now with the BH. Standard RM this time though it seems, rather than hermes - thank christ.

Same, dispatch notice at like 11.15 last night. Be surprised if it reaches me before Thursday now with the BH. Standard RM this time though it seems, rather than hermes - thank christ.
A BD forum member based in UK had dispatch yesterday and got delivery today