Dune (1984) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: Deluxe Edition - SteelBook only (Pre-order on May 28, at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £44.99 (Deluxe Edition) - £29.99 (SteelBook only)

ezgif-5-bb94a1a7bc23.jpg ezgif-5-2a6e9040e7ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please confirm the image on the other side of the poster?
It's the theatrical poster that's essentially the same as the back of the steel and rear of the slip. Well, it is in the deluxe anyway.

Having near enough exactly the same art on both the front and back of the slip, steel and poster is super lazy of arrow imo.

Reactions: SavageAmusement
It’s a nice solid looking matte finish. I got one of those special edition cases that doesn’t close properly ! And I’m not a fan of those sticky circles that leave a ghost image of themselves behind. Must be an arrow thing. Not a bad looking steelbook though. Just need to find time to watch this now.

Reactions: Billy Talent
It’s a nice solid looking matte finish. I got one of those special edition cases that doesn’t close properly ! And I’m not a fan of those sticky circles that leave a ghost image of themselves behind. Must be an arrow thing. Not a bad looking steelbook though. Just need to find time to watch this now.
When I remove the sticker from the Jcard there was no ghost image

First photo on my instagram the sticker is not removed yet
Photo 4 you can see no ghost image after jcard removed

The steelbook if you position the artcards correctely the case closes no issues

• Helpful Post
When I remove the sticker from the Jcard there was no ghost image

First photo on my instagram the sticker is not removed yet
Photo 4 you can see no ghost image after jcard removed

The steelbook if you position the artcards correctely the case closes no issues
I have a very slight line where the glue was On mine. If you have the rigid box, the tabs don’t go on the steelbook itself. Happened before on my American werewolf too. i only had a poster in my steel, just the standard set and the steelbook had a bent tab on the inside. I’ve straightened it out but it doesn’t have the usual click when it closes. I would recommend the steelbook though. The poster probably got in the way when it was packed and prevented it closing normally.

I have a very slight line where the glue was On mine. If you have the rigid box, the tabs don’t go on the steelbook itself. Happened before on my American werewolf too. i only had a poster in my steel, just the standard set and the steelbook had a bent tab on the inside. I’ve straightened it out but it doesn’t have the usual click when it closes. I would recommend the steelbook though. The poster probably got in the way when it was packed and prevented it closing normally.
if you have not tried this before for glue marks and circles, a small amount of lighter fluid over the mark and a gentle rub with a kitchen (paper) towel or similar will get rid of them. :thumbs:

if you have not tried this before for glue marks and circles, a small amount of lighter fluid over the mark and a gentle rub with a kitchen (paper) towel or similar will get rid of them. :thumbs:
Oh right. I might give that a try then. i Can’t feel any residue there, just a really feint mark you can see when you hold it up to the light. Thought the glue must have removed a tiny amount of print. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I finally got the "pieces" together and did my own "Deluxe Edition", I just liked the art on the slip...
_20210902_150630.JPG_20210902_150802.JPG_20210902_150731.JPG

Goes along nice together I think. Now I'm just not sure what to do with the discs, if I leave the discs in the steel as they are or swap at least the two with the others ones...
_20210902_150707.JPG

Anyway... My quest for custom-made Arrow steelbook Deluxe Editions continues... :cigar:

This is a packed out edition. The steelbook is matt but it does pick up the light in some areas - on the front Kyle Mac is surrounded by a faint halo that catches the light, same with the space ships and areas of the background. The design of dune booklet is production art - mainly sketches with some text - I've not seen all these before but haven't come across many Dune related production books down the years. The other booklet contains an extract from the Lynch on Lynch book, other essays including a piece on the soundtrack. If you are a fan of Lynch you have probably already ordered this but if not I'd get on this, its a really nice edition. Appreciate the film is massively divisive so wont appeal to everyone but for me Arrow have absolutely smashed this.