Dunkirk (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 16) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 30, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip (4K + BD + Bonus) - Single Lenti (4K + BD + Bonus) - Double Lenti (BD + Bonus) (Pre-order on August 28 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip - Single Lenti) - $47.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: Box Set - Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti
Note: One Click 400 copies - Full Slip 800 copies - Single Lenti 800 copies - Double Lenti 800 copies

WEA - Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Dunkirk_Overall_OC_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_FS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_LS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_DLS_5000x.jpg
9F229698-06D1-4494-8370-73D70FF3D4E3.jpeg

Last edited:
How much do Mantalab steelbooks cost shipped to US usually through direct or group buy purchase?

Around $150 to $180 shipped for one clicks Their prices have gone up recently so its more towards $180.

Once upon a time in Hollywood manta was like $57 shipped for individual versions

That's the thing, they are not in charge. Collectong is hired by Manta Lab to do these tasks (customer service, updates...) for them so that ML can focus on different workloads.
Again, well aware. Just used Collectong as the differentiator since I assumed that would be easy to understand since they started using that website the way ML has released artwork has clearly changed. Not sure why this needed a back and forth. *shrug*

[July Announcement]

1. Once Upon a Time.. Steelbook
- Release will start shipping from July 17th due to the delay with Joker Release shipping.
- Increase packing staff to process the orders much faster than Joker Release
- Shipping service situation is much better than June. There shouldn't be any problem except for few regions.

2. Birds of Prey Steelbook Pre-order
- Pre-order date: July 24th, 2020
- Shipping price will be adjusted according to the increase and decrease of shipping services.
- Steelbook photo will be updated soon.

3. Dunkirk Steelbook Pre-order
- Pre-order will be in August
- More images and information will be ready soon

4. Matrix Steelbook Schedule
- Pre-order expected to be in September
- Design is in progress.

*Joker Shipping*
We have finished about 98% of all shipping except for 3-4 regions. We will contact our customers directly to solve the problem together.

Thank you.
Collectong

107374478_149048360091227_4432384566626681640_o.jpg

In my opinion it is his best directorial work from the craft perspective , it is not his most interesting film though. But it is a historical war movie, so I don’t expect it to be as interesting as Prestige or Memento for example.
You don't expect it to be interesting because it's a historical war movie? Seriously?

You must have hated 1917 or Saving Private Ryan then...... :rolleyes:

You don't expect it to be interesting because it's a historical war movie? Seriously?

You must have hated 1917 or Saving Private Ryan then...... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I meant interesting in terms of the plot.
Historical movies like SPR, 1917 and Dunkirk offer a look into historical events that everyone is aware of and we all know how they ended, which means they can only add interesting characters in order to make the script work in some interesting way. I wouldn’t consider characters from SPR or 1917 the most interesting, especially SPR... pretty stereotypical American patriotic stuff, not much unexpected conflict going on. 1917 characters were not interesting too, IMHO.
Dunkirk went with a very interesting approach trying to not have any characters at all, showing that during war individual characters/people don’t really matter that much and people are usually reacting in the same way to the events unfolding.
Saving Private Ryan, script wise, is not a perfect movie. And i find it hard to believe in the plausibility of their particular mission. ( you can check the real story this movie was inspired by, and you’ll find that no such mission ever existed) It is gorgeously shot movie and I watch it every year anyway because of the spectacle of war.
1917 is the same thing, gorgeously shot movie with weak and pretty unbelievable plot. IMHO.
In terms of real depiction of war Dunkirk is way more believable than 1917 or Saving Private Ryan
(after initial 24 minutes of Omaha Beach sequences which are considered to be very realistic).
I don’t watch war movies like SPR, 1917 or Dunkirk to be surprised by the plot as those movies are pretty limited to what they can do with the story with very few exceptions like Appocalypse Now and Thin Red Line where the focus is not battle scenes but characters instead.

Reactions: Chokwe
Sorry, I meant interesting in terms of the plot.
Historical movies like SPR, 1917 and Dunkirk offer a look into historical events that everyone is aware of and we all know how they ended, which means they can only add interesting characters in order to make the script work in some interesting way. I wouldn’t consider characters from SPR or 1917 the most interesting, especially SPR... pretty stereotypical American patriotic stuff, not much unexpected conflict going on. 1917 characters were not interesting too, IMHO.
Dunkirk went with a very interesting approach trying to not have any characters at all, showing that during war individual characters/people don’t really matter that much and people are usually reacting in the same way to the events unfolding.
Saving Private Ryan, script wise, is not a perfect movie. And i find it hard to believe in the plausibility of their particular mission. ( you can check the real story this movie was inspired by, and you’ll find that no such mission ever existed) It is gorgeously shot movie and I watch it every year anyway because of the spectacle of war.
1917 is the same thing, gorgeously shot movie with weak and pretty unbelievable plot. IMHO.
In terms of real depiction of war Dunkirk is way more believable than 1917 or Saving Private Ryan
(after initial 24 minutes of Omaha Beach sequences which are considered to be very realistic).
I don’t watch war movies like SPR, 1917 or Dunkirk to be surprised by the plot as those movies are pretty limited to what they can do with the story with very few exceptions like Appocalypse Now and Thin Red Line where the focus is not battle scenes but characters instead.
1917 is hugely overrated and although a good movie, it's got nothing on Dunkirk.