E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 12, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99
Notes: Limited to 1000

ET 40th.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your support :rolleyes: nice to be appreciated after working everyday through pandemic while half the county was furloughed.:thumbs:

Most of those agency workers wouldn't last 5mins if they had to do the job fulltime!

Your coming out with a statement like that and bet you haven't a clue as to the reasons behind it.
Don't take it personally, its just a fact, shouldn't read into things typed so much.

Mine's just been despatched via RM48, with an ETA of next Monday or Tuesday, which I'm quite happy with. Yes, it might take longer at the moment, but at least it's more likely to get to me than via (we lose your parcels) EVRI (time). :whistle:

Mine's just been despatched via RM48, with an ETA of next Monday or Tuesday, which I'm quite happy with. Yes, it might take longer at the moment, but at least it's more likely to get to me than via (we lose your parcels) EVRI (time). :whistle:
None of my Evri have ever been lost. I guess you're just unlucky. Mine actually got dispatched by RM48 at 12:30 this morning but I didn't realise until about midday today. Guess when I checked my emails this morning I was just tired lol. Still not coming til Monday. Also had my Pulp Fiction charge today and the Warriors.

None of my Evri have ever been lost. I guess you're just unlucky. Mine actually got dispatched by RM48 at 12:30 this morning but I didn't realise until about midday today. Guess when I checked my emails this morning I was just tired lol. Still not coming til Monday. Also had my Pulp Fiction charge today and the Warriors.
Did you get the warriors from zavvi or Amazon.. as Amazon is five quid cheaper

Did you get the warriors from zavvi or Amazon.. as Amazon is five quid cheaper
Zavvi. I refuse to buy steelbooks from amaon now unless it is literally my only option. Around the start of this year just every steelbook from amazon started arriving damaged. It started with my Mondo MCUs I had ti import from Germany but then it was just everything so after complaining at their social media begging to just send them in a box I decided Zavvi get my business instead.

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
I think it's more a case of you have been lucky judging by the experiences of people like myself:

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Mine arrived today, standard cheap glossy box. Matte steel, fluff inside. I was meaning to cancel it but oh well I hope the 4K transfer is good at least.
I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as your comment made it out but oh boy was I wrong. While the steelbook isn't terrible (for a flat matte) the slip is beyond mediocre and while the art cards are almost decent the booklets are just terrible,

I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as your comment made it out but oh boy was I wrong. While the steelbook isn't terrible (for a flat matte) the slip is beyond mediocre and while the art cards are almost decent the booklets are just terrible,
I was secretly hopeful that it would be better than it was but hey ho, maybe next time they will get it right. After all they have finally got the poster art for BTTF, though they could still screw that up with a streaky bacon finish

Reactions: JinxyKatte
I was secretly hopeful that it would be better than it was but hey ho, maybe next time they will get it right. After all they have finally got the poster art for BTTF, though they could still screw that up with a streaky bacon finish
Some matte finish steels have a cleaner look lately than some Glossy imo. The Bullet Train one was especially nice I think. Nice, vibrant and looked super clean. Streaky gloss can look so bad. But man for £40 this set was bad. Especially compared to the Edge of Tomorrow set which is super nice.

Reactions: BDDB
Just watched the video.. I can't understand what some of you see in the extra tat these versions include. Surely your money is better spent on an art book?

I like it. I knew it wasn’t a hard box slip as soon as it got announced for release outside the UK, so I’m not disappointed with that. Also really like the steelbook design and all the extra stuff.

I like it. I knew it wasn’t a hard box slip as soon as it got announced for release outside the UK, so I’m not disappointed with that. Also really like the steelbook design and all the extra stuff.
Those booklets are really cheap though. Like almost tissue thin.