UK
Release date: September 27, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £25.00

71KAPDE2TtL._AC_SY445_.jpg

71LOUWhFhQL._AC_SX522_.jpg81vFWZc5GyL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Heard whispers of this film but never properly looked it up until now... man the animation is weird! What happened to Ghibli's signature style?

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Heard whispers of this film but never properly looked it up until now... man the animation is weird! What happened to Ghibli's signature style?
It doesn't look promising. Hopefully it's a one off for them as this style really doesn't suit them
I read somewhere that they used the younger animators for this project and bypassed the older ones

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
It doesn't look promising. Hopefully it's a one off for them as this style really doesn't suit them
I read somewhere that they used the younger animators for this project and bypassed the older ones
That's interesting to know... I wonder if they're going for a younger audience with this one then, since I can definitely see this new style being more appealing to kids.

have to agree with you 100%. one of the best hand drawn animation film studios of all time reopens to produce... a 3D animation? and is it all CG, or are there any hand drawn details left? :confused:

only seen the trailer, but the characters and characterisation are Ghibli, but it just doesn't feel at all like Ghibli. got to agree with @Flloydo

if you haven't seen the trailer, here it is:

Reactions: Flloydo