Edge of Tomorrow (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop (Pre-order is on May 23)
Price: £39.99

Edge of Tomorrow.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly the same thing has happened to me this morning. I even checked both on Zavvi to see if I had accidentally ordered two and my payment method to see if I had been charged for two, but nope. I guess if we had accidentally ordered 2, they would have come together in one big box anyways, and not separately?
@thehomealonedude What are you thinking of doing with your second copy?
Also, since this happened to the two of us on here, I guess it could easily happen to more of you guys haha.
Well I fear them asking us to send them back, knowing Zavvi and all. So I intend to just hold on to it for the time being and see if Zavvi say anything.
I was more concerned they had accidentally packaged a second Edge of Tomorrow instead of Sonic but interesting you got two as well.

Reactions: Masterwu
Well I fear them asking us to send them back, knowing Zavvi and all. So I intend to just hold on to it for the time being and see if Zavvi say anything.
I was more concerned they had accidentally packaged a second Edge of Tomorrow instead of Sonic but interesting you got two as well.
They can ask all they want, I am fairly sure they in no way can make you.

• Informative
Yeah possibly, but an error that large should be really obvious though.
Also, bear in mind that I didn't even pre-order this, I just ordered it on the day of released. I can't speak for @thehomealonedude , but perhaps that difference may help explain why some people still haven't received this yet?
I ordered it on day of release so I could apply the discount. I ended up messaging them 4 days later as it hadn’t been dispatched and then literally two hours later it was dispatched on Thursday.

View attachment 539196

Still waiting on both my HEAT and SONIC 2 Steelbooks from Zavvi, both were dispatched before this one, yet today I receive two copies of Edge of Tomorrow when I’d only ordered one. Anyone else had this happen with Zavvi sending out two copies by accident?
Yup, I got two of these today. First one I opened was perfect so I've emailed them and told them to send me a shipping label if they want the other one back. I've never had any serious issues with Zavvi so after some deliberation figured I'd be honest.

Yup, I got two of these today. First one I opened was perfect so I've emailed them and told them to send me a shipping label if they want the other one back. I've never had any serious issues with Zavvi so after some deliberation figured I'd be honest.
That’s now three of us, so I guess this might be a widespread issue and a reason why others aren’t receiving their orders.

That’s now three of us, so I guess this might be a widespread issue and a reason why others aren’t receiving their orders.
Yeah, I suspect us three getting two copies each but in separate packages (meaning there must be many others that this has happened to), is just a symptom of the actual computer or human error that's occurred, which is somehow linked to why others still don't have it yet.
@JinxyKatte you're right, I don't think they can. But if they provide shipping back to them, then I don't really mind, I've kept the actual product sealed and the cardboard packaging is mostly intact. It really depends how big of an error this is, and how many (if any) copies they are short of and if this will effect other buyers in the long-term.

Reactions: thehomealonedude
Yeah, I suspect us three getting two copies each but in separate packages (meaning there must be many others that this has happened to), is just a symptom of the actual computer or human error that's occurred, which is somehow linked to why others still don't have it yet.
@JinxyKatte you're right, I don't think they can. But if they provide shipping back to them, then I don't really mind, I've kept the actual product sealed and the cardboard packaging is mostly intact. It really depends how big of an error this is, and how many (if any) copies they are short of and if this will effect other buyers in the long-term.
Well its not a zavvi exclusive and last I checked not sold out. Like honestly if this was something that immediately sold out and sought after in very limited quantity. I would send it back. But as it stands, hmv zavvi and amazon all still sell this and zavvi probably won't miss a handful of copies.

Well its not a zavvi exclusive and last I checked not sold out. Like honestly if this was something that immediately sold out and sought after in very limited quantity. I would send it back. But as it stands, hmv zavvi and amazon all still sell this and zavvi probably won't miss a handful of copies.
Yeah agreed, everyone should still get a copy and I think Zavvi will survive. At least it has sort of paid for my years of Red Carpet membership. If only Manta sent me a extra copy of something haha.

• Haha
Reactions: samdavies
"I haven't received my copy after 3 days, I'm gonna demand they send a replacement!"
"Well, now I've got 2. It's still in stock, so **** 'em."

Zavvi's a business, they'll survive, but there's something funky about how ya'll operate.

• Haha
Reactions: Nova and djjez83
"I haven't received my copy after 3 days, I'm gonna demand they send a replacement!"
"Well, now I've got 2. It's still in stock, so **** 'em."

Zavvi's a business, they'll survive, but there's something funky about how ya'll operate.
I might have misunderstood you or I might be wrong, but I don't think any of us who have said we got two copies, have made any complaints about Zavvi delivery times (at least I have never)? Compared to the Premium stuff from the Far East, Zavvi might as well be Amazon Prime next day delivery lol.

I might have misunderstood you or I might be wrong, but I don't think any of us who have said we got two copies, have made any complaints about Zavvi delivery times (at least I have never)? Compared to the Premium stuff from the Far East, Zavvi might as well be Amazon Prime next day delivery lol.
Was referring to this post earlier this week.
What? A full week isn't enough time to declare something lost in the mail? Not a single order from Zavvi has ever taken longer than 3 days from dispatch. After 7 I am declaring it missing.
Ya’ll entitled to do whatever you wanna do with your extra copies but one moment someone’s ready to tear down customer service and the next there’s this devil-may-care attitude cuz they accidentally shipped double. It’s just a jarring reading experience, is all.

Was referring to this post earlier this week.

Ya’ll entitled to do whatever you wanna do with your extra copies but one moment someone’s ready to tear down customer service and the next there’s this devil-may-care attitude cuz they accidentally shipped double. It’s just a jarring reading experience, is all.
I never got 2 copies. I was annoyed it took 8 days from dispatch to receive mine. 3 days after release date. I was justifiably amnoyed.

• Informative
It's had really good reviews for the 4k disc. Judging by what people are saying, I think I'll just buy the 4k amaray in September and put it in my 3d steelbook. I don't think a nice pet slip is worth forking out £20 for.