Edge of Tomorrow (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop (Pre-order is on May 23)
Price: £39.99

Edge of Tomorrow.jpg

Last edited:
What do you do with the tat? It either collects dust or goes to landfill..

Speaking for myself I collect Steelbooks because they're a robust housing to protect my physical media and I personally prefer them to amaray cases
Everything collects dust, although I use bookcases with glass doors - I know most collectors don't.

Protection from what, 'zee Germans'? :D
snatch-protection.gif

Steelbooks are more easily damaged, than plastic cases, but I won't argue about their overall better look and collectable aspects of course.

Many here mention space, as a constraint, or money. If you gave up on the first, and have enough of the second, then I think more would go for bigger sets.
Either way I see now that some just don't like printed materials, which is surprising to me, that's all. I used to read books, I still love printed monthly magazines, grew up with physical photos and Polaroids, so all the booklets and photos added to a movie is valuable to me, as a collector of physical stuff. Otherwise I'd just have remuxes on hard drives (and I do, mostly TV series not available in same quality on disc, or at all).

Okay, but what am I supposed to do with a steelbook that's too big for my shelf because it contains some posters and art cards I don't want and don't care about? Why waste the extra money?

I had to buy the Singin' In The Rain steel from Europe because the UK version came with pages of useless crap I don't want. I had my phase of posters and art cards, used to hang them up all around my room with all my movies. It looked hideous and I took them down, now I'm left with hundreds of little cards and posters just sitting in a draw collecting dust.

Personally, I don't get the point of it. It's just screen grabs from the movie and some posters, sure, they look nice but they usually sit in the case doing nothing. And I had to pay extra for it. Why waste the extra money on paper and cards I don't want and didn't ask for?
Get a bigger boat shelf! :D

I don't like folded posters either, they are a waste of resources, better used for 6 character cards or something.
But a classic rolled one, like supplied with recent The Craft Shout Factory release, I ordered specifically from them to get it.
That stuff actually costs pennies, maybe 2-5 bucks extra in terms of added retail price.

I’m happy with the extras on this release. But then I keep all artcards, books, folded posters inside the editions. I’ve never hung them on the wall or anything.

Think it’s quite cool to get the poster featured in the film. Plus I’m really liking both the steel and slip art. Personally I think it’s a great look edition

And If you buy this from zavvi on release day you instantly save £5 more too

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Think it’s quite cool to get the poster featured in the film. Plus I’m really liking both the steel and slip art. Personally I think it’s a great look edition
Yes, this particular poster, or propaganda posters from Inglorious Basterds, are very welcome even in folded form!

Reactions: Flloydo
Yes, this particular poster, or propaganda posters from Inglorious Basterds, are very welcome even in folded form!
Yeah I agree there. Tbh any film edition like that where it includes stuff from inside the film And not studio posters

ToC Scott pilgrim was the same with the Chris evens posters but it was only 1 of 4 or 5

Reactions: Lenny Nero
WB Shop also live

You guys reckon the slipcover will be a sturdy slipbox?
All of my EB edirions arrived mint, but I wouldn't say that most of their slips are sturdy. Considering Zavvi's packaging, who knows if most will manage to arrive mint. You might be rolling the dice if you expect to receive the slip undamaged. It's possible that they are making sturdier slips now, but the description doesn't indicate that.

All of my EB edirions arrived mint, but I wouldn't say that most of their slips are sturdy. Considering Zavvi's packaging, who knows if most will manage to arrive mint. You might be rolling the dice if you expect to receive the slip undamaged. It's possible that they are making sturdier slips now, but the description doesn't indicate that.
This is not a EB release

It's a trade wide release from Warner avaliable to order from multiple UK retailers

I know that there was a guy would buy one of each Blufans releases then throw away the slips and other bits (they did find someone to buy those off them eventually). He did this because he collected steelbooks and had no interest in all the rest.
Personally when I go for editions I look at steelbook art then slip art and rarely even notice what else comes with an edition. But each to their own. :thumbs:
I started out with steelbook, but now I’m also a slip person, because I don’t open the SOBs, but even if I did, the goodies wouldn’t interest me that much (unless it’s a quality lenticular magnet), but there’s absolutely no fracking way I’d toss the stuff out. I’m a collector FFS and I know I wouldn’t want to buy it w/o that stuff. Hell, I’ve got video games from teh 80s with the ads that came in the box. In some cases I even have the receipt (no idea why).