Edge of Tomorrow (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop (Pre-order is on May 23)
Price: £39.99

Edge of Tomorrow.jpg

Last edited:
Well I fear them asking us to send them back, knowing Zavvi and all. So I intend to just hold on to it for the time being and see if Zavvi say anything.
I was more concerned they had accidentally packaged a second Edge of Tomorrow instead of Sonic but interesting you got two as well.
Dear Mr Dude,
Please return the extra order sent by mistake, or all future orders will be spine slashed by Igor personally.
With threatening greeting,
Mr Z

Assume you're talking about FAC with the WWAs there? They do put one any old sh*t they're given the green light on now tbf.
HDzeta silver line, Blufans OAB... Much better than this, ok but twice the price ;)

I personally think this is on par with e.g Second Sight, nice premium for a good price

Last edited:
HDzeta silver line, Blufans OAB... Much better than this, ok but twice the price ;)

I personally think this is on par with e.g Second Sight, nice premium for a good price
Yeah, fair. Hdz and blufans slips do the justice atleast though. Not knocking this package as such, mainly the steel. Even for a wwa, it's gpd awful. So much so that I've ordered the Italian steel (with the same artwork as the slip, which is a pet peeve) to replace it :vomit:

I see more premium releases with ugly WWA steelbooks but overall some of them are quite good. Oh, and I'm not nuts ;)
People here get argumentative with the use of the word 'Premium', apparently it can only be applied to unattainable 200-500 copy exclusives sold out in seconds, with childish lentis and cookie cutter art from cereal and chocolate boxes.

People here get argumentative with the use of the word 'Premium', apparently it can only be applied to unattainable 200-500 copy exclusives sold out in seconds, with childish lentis and cookie cutter art from cereal and chocolate boxes.
I dunno... they don't have to be painfully unattainable or have a pitiful print run, but there is definitely a distinct gap between a premium edition and a more run of the mill collectors edition. The slip is nicer than most, but it falls into the latter category.

I dunno... they don't have to be painfully unattainable or have a pitiful print run, but there is definitely a distinct gap between a premium edition and a more run of the mill collectors edition. The slip is nicer than most, but it falls into the latter category.
I think premium is a much more broad term than people like to admit. I don't think this quite falls into premium territory but it is certainly scratching at the door. If the actual steelbook had a better finish then I could happily call it premium. I certainly do think some of the people on here are... Urm snobish when it comes to some releases.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I haven't been around here or even been aware of steelbooks as long as most people but I believe the use of the word or label of "premium" was introduced for the likes of releases from companies such as Kimchi, Nova, Blufans, Manta, HDZeta, and FAC.

Releases with slips (more than one type) including lenti or double lenti or full slips and WEA glossy and bossed steelbooks perhaps along with other goodies such as booklets, or art cards or other things.

I guess you can add WeET to that group.

For me, that's where "premium" releases end. This trend of retailers like Amazona, Zavvi, Best Buy and HMV throwing WWA steelbooks into slips is not what I would consider "premiums" or premium retailers even if they cost as mush as "premium" editions. Those are "also rans".

I also roll my eyes whenever anybody complains (mostly at another site) about how they pay a "premium" price for steelbooks (just steelbooks as opposed to their amaray editions) from Best Buy and Amazon and so they expect them to be treated gently and wrapped in a diaper before shipping.

Anybody who thinks that they pay a premium price for standalone steelbooks really oughta reconsider and just keep their money under their mattress.

Yes, all of that is my opinion but I also know that I'm right.

Reactions: Nova