Multi Elite Xbox Wireless Controller Series 2 - Discussion Thread

The wait is finally coming to an end, I'll be getting this Monday. I just started my Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order yesterday but now I think I'll wait to play it again until I have a profile set up for this game on this. In fact that game actually says it recommends a controller to play the game as you'll enjoy it more. I worry that I won't have a lot of time to try it out as I have some family issues to attend to everyday now that take up a lot of my time but I'll try and squeeze some game time in with the controller and give my thoughts about it.

The wait is finally coming to an end, I'll be getting this Monday. I just started my Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order yesterday but now I think I'll wait to play it again until I have a profile set up for this game on this. In fact that game actually says it recommends a controller to play the game as you'll enjoy it more. I worry that I won't have a lot of time to try it out as I have some family issues to attend to everyday now that take up a lot of my time but I'll try and squeeze some game time in with the controller and give my thoughts about it.
Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Have my copy of Fallen order sat here and still haven't got around to giving it a go yet.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Also what's nice about upgrading from the Series One to the Series Two is this...

Dongle.jpg

...that is from a PC gamer's perspective.

Where did you come across this dongle? Haven't seen this one before.

Does it come in with it?
This one is the one for the series 1 but I was told by an Microsoft rep that it will also work with the series 2 controller. I don't like it because it's proprietary and it's too big. The series 2 controller will work with a standard Bluetooth dongle like This one which I picked up for around $8. I particularly like the brand Ugreen, they tend to make some pretty quality items.

This one is the one for the series 1 but I was told by an Microsoft rep that it will also work with the series 2 controller. I don't like it because it's proprietary and it's too big. The series 2 controller will work with a standard Bluetooth dongle like This one which I picked up for around $8. I particularly like the brand Ugreen, they tend to make some pretty quality items.
Yeah the first I was aware of and also knew that it would work with the series 2, though the second one was a new Microsoft one hence the reason that id mentioned that I hadn't seen it before, didn't realise it was a third party dongle :thumbs:

Looks a lot better than the Microsoft one tho.

Yeah the first I was aware of and also knew that it would work with the series 2, though the second one was a new Microsoft one hence the reason that id mentioned that I hadn't seen it before, didn't realise it was a third party dongle :thumbs:

Looks a lot better than the Microsoft one tho.
I'm also looking forward to the Shift feature that allows you to assign one button or paddle as a shift so then all your other buttons, paddles, bumpers and triggers can have a second assignment to them. Essentially doubling the number of buttons on the controller. :D

Reactions: Robles
I'm also looking forward to the Shift feature that allows you to assign one button or paddle as a shift so then all your other buttons, paddles, bumpers and triggers can have a second assignment to them. Essentially doubling the number of buttons on the controller. :D
That is a great feature , the more I’m seeing about the s2 the more I am really liking it .
100% one will be on the cards soon for me I think.

Ok Microsoft evidently doesn't have all the bugs worked out for the Bluetooth side of things. Yes it works kind of. When you add it to your PC via the Bluetooth settings and pair it it will work. You have to plug it in with the cable to configure it, once you disconnect the cable the Bluetooth will no longer pair with it. You have to go into your Bluetooth settings and remove the device and then add it again for it to see it.This just killed Bluetooth for me and I'm extremely unhappy with that side of things.

The XBOX Controller dongle that you had to buy for the series one works just fine with it and even allows for you to configure the controller wirelessly.

I need to play with it some more and see what I come up with.

I put it through it's paces today, 9.5 hours worth solid game play and it held nicely without a single hiccup. The other day while playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order it just turned off while playing twice, I suspect it was because it wasn't fully charged yet. Today on the other hand while playing Ghost Recon: Breakpoint it worked flawlessly and never missed a beat. Although I still believe either Microsoft Windows 10 or the controller has issues with Bluetooth but it works great with the XBOX PC Controller USB Wireless Adapter. I can honestly say that because of all the new features, it was definitely worth the upgrade but you better put your order in now because they sell out quick.

Definitely sounds like its worth the upgrade mate :thumbs:

Think ill be picking one up next week.

9.5 hours is really good, one thing that really bugs me with the Nacom is the short battery life and I 100% don't even think its what they state.

Definitely sounds like its worth the upgrade mate :thumbs:

Think ill be picking one up next week.

9.5 hours is really good, one thing that really bugs me with the Nacom is the short battery life and I 100% don't even think its what they state.
I have a pair or Klipsch true wireless earbuds that can last 40 hours. If they can do that there’s no reason why others shouldn’t pick up on that piece of tech, Microsoft did for there controller. When I played for that long I checked the battery and it was barely used so they can back what they claim.

I have a pair or Klipsch true wireless earbuds that can last 40 hours. If they can do that there’s no reason why others shouldn’t pick up on that piece of tech, Microsoft did for there controller. When I played for that long I checked the battery and it was barely used so they can back what they claim.
The series 1 was already a fantastic controller and it sounds that Microsoft have just improved and released an even better one :thumbs: Makes me wonder why the likes of the Nacom controllers have such poor battery life and like I said, I still don't think the Nacom even lasts the time they state, I'm going to turn off the light ring around the thumbstick and see if that gives much improvement.

The series 1 was already a fantastic controller and it sounds that Microsoft have just improved and released an even better one :thumbs: Makes me wonder why the likes of the Nacom controllers have such poor battery life and like I said, I still don't think the Nacom even lasts the time they state, I'm going to turn off the light ring around the thumbstick and see if that gives much improvement.
What do you plan on doing with your series 1 once you get the new one? I thought about selling mine on FleaBay as there going for around $80-90 but then I started thinking maybe I should keep it and use it for my laptop and it's games and keep the series 2 for my desktop games but I'm still undecided.

What do you plan on doing with your series 1 once you get the new one? I thought about selling mine on FleaBay as there going for around $80-90 but then I started thinking maybe I should keep it and use it for my laptop and it's games and keep the series 2 for my desktop games but I'm still undecided.
To be honest mate I'm not really sure, ill more than likely just keep hold of it.

I have quite a few controllers that have just sat there and collected dust, I used to get the different colours for the kids and they were never really bothered with them :LOL: Really I should go through them and get rid of some:thumbs:

I love it, it's great and I have yet to even come anywhere close to running the battery down. Maximum I've had it off charge was 4-days. It's everything the first one wasn't. You won't be disappointed I can assure you of that.
Sounds like it’s worth every penny and the battery life sounds amazing.

As much as I like the Nacon for the PS4 the battery life on it is pretty poor.

so many things at the moment that I’m after buying but I think this might just have to be pushed to the top of the list as I love my original Elite and going by what you are saying, this controller sounds the nuts:LOL::thumbs:

I love it, it's great and I have yet to even come anywhere close to running the battery down. Maximum I've had it off charge was 4-days. It's everything the first one wasn't. You won't be disappointed I can assure you of that.
Hmm, is this really good? I've watched some vids on Youtube claiming that the clicking sound is louder than the V1 and that there are other issues as well. Would you recommend an upgrade? I have the Elite V1 and already had to replace the bumpers and the grips (bought Scuff grips and these are much better)

Would you recommend the upgrade? (I don't mind the price, when it comes to gaming i tend to buy the higher end accessoires anyways)