Finland
Release date: February 21, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £34.99

IMG_20220111_142604817_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Technical Specs:
  • DOLBY VISION PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Optional English SDH, French, Spanish, and Portuguese subtitles for the main feature
  • PLUS: 2 stickers, 5 art cards and a double-sided poster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an unboxing (not mine, of course):

And a little comparison.

Based on that, it's another worse than BD so called 4K.
Plus a barebones BD, so for those only buying/having this one release, it sucks.
But I obviously have all the previous releases, including a Shout Factory CE, so was ordering this also for the packaging, as this movie doesn't often get such editions.
Mine hasn't shipped yet, at $50, I'm actually thinking of canceling now.

Reactions: Fmac72
Also the US release allegedly has audio issues, not sure if that will be the same for the european release though.

5.1 mix is supposed to have bleed from audio channel. Think it was noted on Hidefdigest.
Found some info that middle dialogue channel is duplicated in surrounds. That's a major discomfort, unlike some previous faults one could ignore or not even notice, as on Beatles disc.

Do you reckon there'll be a replacement program then ?
There already is. Statement from Paramount:
“It has come to our attention that there is an English audio encoding error on the new 4K Ultra HD Disc of John Carpenter’s Escape from L.A. Paramount Home Entertainment has corrected the issue and is immediately creating new discs, however the initial shipment of discs has reached some retail outlets. Fans who purchase a disc with a white UPC barcode on the package and would like a replacement should email [email protected] for instructions. The corrected product will be shipped free of charge. If your disc package has a yellow UPC barcode, then it is the corrected version and you do not need a replacement.

Don't know what's up with the UK disc, so I just canceled it.

It is most definitely the same as the US, the centre dialogue bleeds into my other speakers, I have contacted Paramount UK for an update and the automated response said to expect a wait time up to 2 weeks for a reply....

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero
It is most definitely the same as the US, the centre dialogue bleeds into my other speakers, I have contacted Paramount UK for an update and the automated response said to expect a wait time up to 2 weeks for a reply....

A few reviews on YouTube of the UK release, and noone mentions that problem.
Are they all such 'experts', as I think they are, or is it unnoticeable or nonexistent on the UK disc?

Has there ever been (I'm assuming there has) a Snake Plissken steelbook or some sort of release with both Escape films?
At least 3 different steelbooks for the original, but sadly no metal cases of any type for the sequel, not even for DVD.
Escape from LA only recently started getting more 'love' and better editions.

Reactions: dcruz1990