Escape From New York (4K UHD + Blu-ray + CD) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 26, 2018 - September 20, 2021 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zoom UK - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Notes: 4 Discs (Includes 4K UHD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray Bonus + CD Soundtrack + 1 Poster + 5 art cards and a 48 page book)

91Vuf9FoIQL._SL1500_.jpg

11868175-1434608980087127.jpg

Last edited:
Received mine from HMV today. Can't remember if I said this previously in one of the other threads, but the quality of the slips for these is really cheap and flimsy... mine arrived with squashed sides, and the slipbox is barely big enough to actually fit everything inside. Apart from that, I'm pretty happy with it, although I prefer the steelbook releases to be honest. However, if they release more of these editions featuring Matt's artwork, then I'd happily buy more! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Mobley
Received mine from Zavvi in a jiffy bag again, but no damage :thumbs: I do love this film and think I will buy the SB as well. Just wish the SB contained the soundtrack just like this addition.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
out of stock everywhere. is that it?
Yes
StudioCanal limited editions a lot of them sell out quickly after release date.

Third party sellers only unless some of the retailers gets a customer return

When it comes to StudioCanal Limited editions it's best to pre order if it's release you must have and not wait until after release date for possible price drops

Hi there! Thanks for the info. We really appreciate it.

I've never purchased from HMV before. Do you know if they ship to the U.S.? If so, how's their packaging?
Hmv UK only

The StudioCanal re-releases are already listed on Zavvi and Amazon UK just not live yet to pre order
Zavvi and Amazon will be live to pre-order sometime this week

Zavvi ignore sold out as that's usual for Zavvi before a pre order goes live

Reactions: confessor94
Hmv UK only

The StudioCanal re-releases are already listed on Zavvi and Amazon UK just not live yet to pre order
Zavvi and Amazon will be live to pre-order sometime this week

Zavvi ignore sold out as that's usual for Zavvi before a pre order goes live
Sweet! Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

I'm leaning towards purchasing from Zavvi. How's their packaging?

Sweet! Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

I'm leaning towards purchasing from Zavvi. How's their packaging?
I use Amazon over Zavvi as I'm a prime member

Zavvi will use cardboard wraparound mailer most time recently but they have sometimes used jiffy mailers in the past for box sets

I don't have issues with Amazon packaging as its amazon van driver who does my deliveries and I'm based in Ireland

Some members in USA don't like using Amazon UK due to distance in transit

Zavvi and Amazon would mostly use cardboard mailers but you do also get Amazon using jiffy mailers on occasion

Reactions: confessor94
Oh no. Jiffy mailers... Yikes! :(:(:(
Zavvi used to use jiffy mailers a lot but that was mostly a few years ago
In that past year most box sets I had from Zavvi was wraparound cardboard mailer

Majority of my amazon orders are cardboard mailers

Amazon UK has better and quicker customer service response if anything goes wrong

If you need to contact Zavvi customer service it will depend on who you get and can be a merry-go-round before you get sorted and takes longer to get a reply

Amazon UK will also likey end up been cheaper as they will remove UK vat from price for delivery to a USA address

Zavvi don't do this so will be more expensive

You might though see delivery to USA not possible with Amazon UK when you try to do an order it can vary with release when that happens.