Event Horizon - 25th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 8, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99

Event Horizon Collector's Edition.jpg

Last edited:
Another hard printed jcard and 4k banner slip... yuck. UK one will also have hard printed bbfc logos.. extra yuck.

PET, steel and disc art is nice though. Hard to tell the steel finish there, US version is glossy, hopefully this is too.
Are you sure. Cos in the video he has the plastic still on but just cut open on one side. It looks like an actual jcard.

I've just watched another unboxing video (of the French collector's edition) and it looks like @samdavies is right - it's a hard printed jcard. (n)
Man that really sucks. I hope this isn't gonna become a trend cos hars printed jcards on fullslip collectors editions are not a good thing. Like seriously. We need to make it known we don't want this.

Another hard printed jcard and 4k banner slip... yuck. UK one will also have hard printed bbfc logos.. extra yuck.

PET, steel and disc art is nice though. Hard to tell the steel finish there, US version is glossy, hopefully this is too.
he opened it by keeping the clear wrap on the box with the j card still in. i try to open my full slips like this as well, hope that's why the j is seen on the box.

So I placed an order for this edition after placing an order for Edge of T and MIB same day, weird how this pre-release got here before items that are in stock.

Anyway here it is and yes I totally missed the fact that the j-card is printed on. The only sticker is 'collector's Edition' info on the front.

The outer case does remind me of when I had the VHS cardboard version - don't know if anyone remembers those.

I've not opened yet as busy 'working from home'!!!!!!!!

20220804_092516.jpg

he opened it by keeping the clear wrap on the box with the j card still in. i try to open my full slips like this as well, hope that's why the j is seen on the box.
Its not mate, it's hard printed. Exactly the same as the Untouchables slip was. As are the bbfc logos. Avoid.

Well not just the Paramount cos the Doctor Strange one had a printed 4k bar too. This new trend is bad. Not quite blu ray on steelbook bad, but bad.

Well not just the Paramount cos the Doctor Strange one had a printed 4k bar too. This new trend is bad. Not quite blu ray on steelbook bad, but bad.
That's just disney being dicks though. It's not a trend as such, as they did it in korea too. All of paramounts slips (the thin paper ones they used to do) have essentially just been glorified jcards, so that's nothing new either.

Never thought I'd say this, but thank god for warner brothers lol

Reactions: Masta Norris
Ffs this is matte?

I was so up for this release and it’s just getting worse and worse

Not sure I can support this sh!t anymore. Printed banner on slip and matte steel. It’s bullsh!t

Reactions: Mickle_89 and Daubt