Everything Everywhere All at Once (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: April 7, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €34.99

81ENGbC7ZhL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Both this and French one are disappointing IMO.

So far it looks like there's only one design they can use and then they're struggling and can only print the title of the film in big letters or two googly eyes! Surely there's something else they can use for rear artworks? I really hope Nova use different artworks.

The French one is better than this because the inside art of this one sucks hard! And watching the film in English is still a major problem without proper subtitling......
From the mockup the french steel is better, but it just didn't feel it in hand, plus all the bare metal and dodgy spine ruined it for me. This does feel better in hand imo, but the back sucks hard, as does the interior. This one wins by a smidge, but neither are great. Hopefully nova pull something excellent out of the bag.

From the mockup the french steel is better, but it just didn't feel it in hand, plus all the bare metal and dodgy spine ruined it for me. This does feel better in hand imo, but the back sucks hard, as does the interior. This one wins by a smidge, but neither are great. Hopefully nova pull something excellent out of the bag.
I could never say a steelbook is better than the other because of inside artwork. Literally the last thing I care about. Both backs are bad on both steels but this front (which lets be honest it’s the only thing worth judging between this and the french version) absolutely smashes the french one. Having both in hand unsealed it’s no contest

Plus the french has a much worse finish and ‘Un film des Daniels” on the front. Colouring looks better too on the GR because of the full gloss

I honestly hope Nova and Manta do not use the James Jean art on their steels. But saying that, if manta do it could be heavily bossed. But there’s no need when both of these are available with it

I could never say a steelbook is better than the other because of inside artwork. Literally the last thing I care about. Both backs are bad on both steels but this front (which lets be honest it’s the only thing worth judging between this and the french version) absolutely smashes the french one. Having both in hand unsealed it’s no contest

Plus the french has a much worse finish and ‘Un film des Daniels” on the front. Colouring looks better too on the GR because of the full gloss

I honestly hope Nova and Manta do not use the James Jean art on their steels. But saying that, if manta do it could be heavily bossed. But there’s no need when both of these are available with it
Interior does play a factor for me, like I've purposefully hunted down different versions of old steels where some regions only had the silver metal Interior :wacky: But in this instance, it won't make me like the french one more. It's not enough to sway it.

Aye, both crap backs. Had the french been white, with a white base, no bare metal and full gloss, it'd have won it for me. As it stands, this one feels so much better in hand, no contest.

Honestly I hope nova or manta do use it, so I can shift this and only have one copy! From what aniv said, nova's will be heavily em/debossed and glossed. If nova use it, manta for sure won't.

Amazon dispatched my order on Friday
Unusual to be a week later to dispatch my order
I usually have dispatch on release date or 1 -2 days later with Amazon Germany

I expect I will have delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday

How's the actual movie? I bought the German mediabook and the picture was very very dark, unwatchable even. I don't know if it's a known issue or just my copy though.

Thank you for this information. I'm not crazy about the steelbook's artwork so you just saved me some money. I'm getting the US disc then because let me tell you, the claims you are referring to are unfortunately not exaggerated.

Hmm. Well I've just watched the first 15mins of the disc, and honestly I don't really see a problem. I'm not bowled over with eye searing brightness, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Far brighter than the likes of Heat and POTC 4Ks etc..

I can see it perfectly well in DV on my Panasonic GZ2000 OLED. The disc is reporting as 1082 peak nit, and 198 avg nit. Nothing astounding, but again not the worst. The US disc is better, but this is fine. The SDH subs are annoying though :rofl:

Reactions: MasterGiouras77
Known issue. This steel has the same discs, from the same distributor. Pretty much everyone I've heard who've watched it have said it has a very dark grading and is not up to the same standard as the US disc. I haven't watched the German disc yet to comment on whether these claims are exaggerated though.
That’s wrong! There is a replacement disc, and both - Steelbook and re-issued Mediabook- come with it.

So, everything fine regarding brightness levels.

@JinxyKatte @MasterGiouras77

I couldn’t make it through this film, maybe I’ve seen too many films but I felt like I saw it all before. It felt like the story didn’t matter and I didn’t care about the characters. And I hate those damn sausage fingers

That’s wrong! There is a replacement disc, and both - Steelbook and re-issued Mediabook- come with it.

Very helpful info! Is there any way to acquire the replacement disc if I am one of the impacted parties? I pre-ordered the mediabook so I got the first wave of that release, not the re-issued mediabook. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Very helpful info! Is there any way to acquire the replacement disc if I am one of the impacted parties? I pre-ordered the mediabook so I got the first wave of that release, not the re-issued mediabook. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You can write to [email protected] and [email protected]. There is a replacement program for the defect discs. However I don’t know if they will send the replacement disc worldwide.

If you ordered the Mediabook at Amazon.de you could always return it / re-order it there.

Oh really? I haven't heard of there being replacements.. It would make sense though, as if you look at my post before your's you'll see I watched the disc in the steel last night and confirmed I saw no issues with the brightness.

Reactions: astycorax
Just had this arrive a few days ago after ordering through Amazon UK - Steelbook is cool enough, but found a few things regarding subtitles etc that haven't been mentioned here yet:

- As previously mentioned there are English subtitles on these German discs that are for the entire film, but the other downside to these are that you get [SPEAKING MANDARIN] and [SPEAKING CANTONESE] along with the ones for speaking English as well as announcing which character is speaking, which takes up a lot of screen space especially since some scenes the characters are frequently switching between the three languages.

- However, if you have a blu-ray player that has option to change the subtitles while watching the film, there is another English language subtitle option not available in the disc menu. These subtitles are English for the non-English speaking parts, so yes you can find subs for only when the directors wanted you to have them if your player allows.

- One issue I've found though is any on-screen text such as titles/things added in post, are in German. Apart from something like 'Part 1' becoming 'Teil 1', this wouldn't be a massive issue except for:
When Evelyn and Jobu are in the universe where no life exists and they are rocks, the on-screen text they communicate through is in German since they've matched the text style and colours to the English version.
So while you do get English subtitles for the German text, it's more jarring and a little distracting for such an intimate moment.
I couldn't think of any other times this would come up but it's possible, I didn't check any of the motion graphics for when they're looking at the different paths of the multiverse.

For me, this is probably enough that I'll stick with digital for any future viewings of the film, and especially if I'm watching with anyone who hasn't seen it before, but you may find it's trade-off you can live with for the 4k disc. Just means I'll hold onto this until a better 4K edition comes on sale, hopefully A24 shop but I'm not holding my breath given how long it's been already!

Just had this arrive a few days ago after ordering through Amazon UK - Steelbook is cool enough, but found a few things regarding subtitles etc that haven't been mentioned here yet:

- As previously mentioned there are English subtitles on these German discs that are for the entire film, but the other downside to these are that you get [SPEAKING MANDARIN] and [SPEAKING CANTONESE] along with the ones for speaking English as well as announcing which character is speaking, which takes up a lot of screen space especially since some scenes the characters are frequently switching between the three languages.

- However, if you have a blu-ray player that has option to change the subtitles while watching the film, there is another English language subtitle option not available in the disc menu. These subtitles are English for the non-English speaking parts, so yes you can find subs for only when the directors wanted you to have them if your player allows.

- One issue I've found though is any on-screen text such as titles/things added in post, are in German. Apart from something like 'Part 1' becoming 'Teil 1', this wouldn't be a massive issue except for:
When Evelyn and Jobu are in the universe where no life exists and they are rocks, the on-screen text they communicate through is in German since they've matched the text style and colours to the English version.
So while you do get English subtitles for the German text, it's more jarring and a little distracting for such an intimate moment.
I couldn't think of any other times this would come up but it's possible, I didn't check any of the motion graphics for when they're looking at the different paths of the multiverse.

For me, this is probably enough that I'll stick with digital for any future viewings of the film, and especially if I'm watching with anyone who hasn't seen it before, but you may find it's trade-off you can live with for the 4k disc. Just means I'll hold onto this until a better 4K edition comes on sale, hopefully A24 shop but I'm not holding my breath given how long it's been already!
Ahhhh, thanks for that. My player does allow that, so I'll give it a go!