Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: January 3, 2023
Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon
Price: €29.99

2522FECE-F447-42E5-9267-63BABE7A1247.jpeg

141C1C10-74C9-4B6E-9EE6-FF28C1E77D80.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, doesn't look too bad. Id've preferred full gloss and less bare metal, but there we go. DPD delayed mine today due to "unforseen circumstances in my area" hopefully tomorrow now.

Ugh on the fence with this. Already have the USA Walmart slip and the regular 4k edition.

Not sure.hmmmmm

Seriously? That is like really ****. Why do the french gotta do that man? How hard is it to have subs for all languages?
Think of it from their perspective, why the fu!k would they care? Lol english is not widely spoken in most of France at all, and when it is, it's only really to satisfy foreigners. So there's no call for english subs, from an independent french only distributor.

It happens a lot in Germany, Italy and spain too, particularly with foreign language films/small distributors. It is what it is.

I may try to load external subs for the disc, but i have a feeling they may not sync correctly due to the variable studio credits around the world. Probably best to import the US disc, shame to spoil the internal art by removing the french discs though..

Unsurprisingly, there's no English subs, forced or otherwise.
Glad I grabbed the US 4K for $9.99 during Best Buy’s Black Friday sale. But it’s too bad because the French discs have such cool disc art. Guess I’ll stick the US discs in the steelbook but hold onto the French discs in case I ever decide to sell the steelbook.

The steelbook itself is nice. I’d have preferred the back to have been as colorful as the front, but no real complaints. It’s decent. Plus as others have noted, the inside of the spine is all red, which means you can flip it around if you want to do that.

Reactions: samdavies
Think of it from their perspective, why the fu!k would they care? Lol english is not widely spoken in most of France at all, and when it is, it's only really to satisfy foreigners. So there's no call for english subs, from an independent french only distributor.

It happens a lot in Germany, Italy and spain too, particularly with foreign language films/small distributors. It is what it is.

I may try to load external subs for the disc, but i have a feeling they may not sync correctly due to the variable studio credits around the world. Probably best to import the US disc, shame to spoil the internal art by removing the french discs though..
Nah man I don't accept that. Its bullshit. Every German release I had and the few Italian ones all have English subs and language tracks. Like the discs on this may as well be a coaster now for the amount of subs you need for this movie. And then you have the upside down spines on French releases anyway.

Nah man I don't accept that. Its bullshit. Every German release I had and the few Italian ones all have English subs and language tracks. Like the discs on this may as well be a coaster now for the amount of subs you need for this movie. And then you have the upside down spines on French releases anyway.
Well, you'll kind of have to bud, because that's the way it is! Haha I've had plenty of german and Italian releases, particularly anime, that have no English subs. Don't get me wrong, lots do, but lots don’t as well. Again, Italian and german steels do the upside down spines from time to time too, france as by far the worst culprits though true.

Reactions: RMA and Flloydo
Well, you'll kind of have to bud, because that's the way it is! Haha I've had plenty of german and Italian releases, particularly anime, that have no English subs. Don't get me wrong, lots do, but lots don’t as well. Again, Italian and german steels do the upside down spines from time to time too, france as by far the worst culprits though true.
I don't gotta accept **** lol. I just won't buy it lol.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Glad I grabbed the US 4K for $9.99 during Best Buy’s Black Friday sale. But it’s too bad because the French discs have such cool disc art. Guess I’ll stick the US discs in the steelbook but hold onto the French discs in case I ever decide to sell the steelbook.

The steelbook itself is nice. I’d have preferred the back to have been as colorful as the front, but no real complaints. It’s decent. Plus as others have noted, the inside of the spine is all red, which means you can flip it around if you want to do that.
Yeah, that's my main urks too, spoiling the interior with the US 4K, instead of the french with matching artwork.

I wish the back was a metallic red, instead of bloody silver. I know they were likely going for white, like the poster (and warlmart Limited slip), but that so regularly ends up being bare metal with steelbooks.

Reactions: JGCramp
Agree this should have subs included for most countries. European at least....

There's a lot to be said about Universal and WB releases where the discs cover most regions and languages.

I liked this film but not enough to buy it twice. Once for this steelbook and again to be able to play the discs properly!

Mines already shipped so I'm thinking I might just try and sell it on now when it arrives. The finishing on the case is a tad disappointing aswell....

Reactions: hatredhorror