Evil Dead Rise

evil_dead_rise_ver2.jpeg

Just saw this....

"...well, what if we throw a book of death, chainsaw and lot of blood in a script, it must be good enough for an Evil Dead stamp of approval..."

Well, NO! The 2013 reboot was awesome and really gave me the ED vibe but this one was totally unnecessary :(

Wow, I was afraid I expected a lot from this film, but it exceeded all my expectations. It's more serious, like the first original Evil Dead, than the resequel Evil Dead 2, and the creators' promise of having used dozens of gallons of fake blood is fulfilled!
First time seeing Alyssa Sutherland, as the possessed mother, or Lily Sullivan as the sister, main character, and both are awesome! But most of all I loved the beautiful little girl Nell Fisher that played Kassie, she was incredibly cool, and probably the most useful and smart character!
The other children - not so much, the daughter looked like a boy, and the son looked like a girl (that he/she is transgender found out only now, after watching the movie).
I thought it wouldn't work in a city apartment building, but it absolutely does, and I hope the sequel is a direct continuation!