[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
3.25 star(s) Rating: 3.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Evil Dead Rise

Genre: Horror

Director: Lee Cronin

Plot: The fifth instalment in the Evil Dead franchise. Plot unknown.

Variety details, “The next chapter in the saga builds off the original trilogy, rather than the 2013 reboot. Evil Dead Rise moves the action out of the woods and into the city. The twisted tale centers on two estranged sisters, portrayed by Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan, whose reunion is cut short by the rise of flesh-possessing demons, thrusting them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable.”

“I’m thrilled to bring Evil Dead back to its original home at New Line 40 years after the release of the first film,” Raimi said in a statement. “The company’s history as pioneers of horror speaks for itself. I’m equally excited to be working with Lee Cronin, whose gifts as a storyteller make him the ideal filmmaker to continue the enduring legacy of the franchise.”

“At its core, Evil Dead is about ordinary people overcoming extraordinarily terrifying situations. I can’t wait for Alyssa and Lily to fill the blood-soaked shoes of those who have come before them and carry on that tradition,” Campbell added in a statement.

Reactions: Billy Talent
FeUzpecXEAEK2Ss.jpg

Who's the wiseass that rated this 1 star?
Doesn't feel like an Evil Dead movie from the trailer. Just another possession film.
And where are they, in an apartment building?

I still don't get how can it be plausible in a big apartment building.
I'm sure there won't be a single other tenant, or a walker by shown - what is it, an apocalypse with last 5 people in the city, a freaking I Am Legend sidequel?
Also tired of all these bam-blam-clank trailers, using sounds instead of voice over, they all look and sound the same.
I'd rather have that voice: In a world of dilapidated public housing, one family will face something more horrible, than social workers or their neighbors on crack...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database