IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 27, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Media Markt - Saturn
Price: €29.06 (Amazon) - 34.99 (MM - Saturn)

299229536_5701086926588941_2096177860790873848_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm yeah that’s not bad. Actually quite nice. Looks better than the manta one!

Universal.

Yes but isn't Universal and Warner steelbooks distributed from the same place or company or whatever in the UK or Europe now?

It's all SDS (Studio Distribution Services) in North America now.

I don't know. I'm not an expert on any of this. Hard to keep up these days.

WB, they handle distribution for universal titles in Europe now.

If you’re referring to the 10-year deal signed in 2020, last I read was that Universal handles distribution of physical media in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan while WB will do the same for physical media in the U.K., Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

Reactions: Felix_ro
If you’re referring to the 10-year deal signed in 2020, last I read was that Universal handles distribution of physical media in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan while WB will do the same for physical media in the U.K., Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
That is what I'm referring to, yes. I'm talking about this from the perspective of the steel being an EU WWA, not specifically Germany. Even though I did think WB also distributes Uni's titles in Germany now, but I may be wrong there.

Seeing as though there's only typically one run from the EU scanavo factory for Europe, since the WB switch the ROW have had one steelbook finish, whilest the US has often had another.

Which leads me back to the crappy matte WB finish comment.

Reactions: Felix_ro
That is what I'm referring to, yes. I'm talking about this from the perspective of the steel being an EU WWA, not specifically Germany. Even though I did think WB also distributes Uni's titles in Germany now, but I may be wrong there.

Seeing as though there's only typically one run from the EU scanavo factory for Europe, since the WB switch the ROW have had one steelbook finish, whilest the US has often had another.

Which leads me back to the crappy matte WB finish comment.
Just… no.

Universal had plenty of full gloss Steelbooks recently (Ambulance, Northman). And this is 100% an Universal release!

Just… no.

Universal had plenty of full gloss Steelbooks recently (Ambulance, Northman). And this is 100% an Universal release!
No, not just no... lol I'm not saying it DEFINITELY will be matte, but I can see it being so.

Those are 2 recent examples, sure, but they're both new theatrical releases, not catalogue titles. Take a look at at the main wwa for Inglorious Basterds for example.. yuck.

If it isn't WB in Germany, then it will be in the majority of the rest of Europe, as they distribute Universal titles now. WB have a horrible habit of releasing ****** matte steels over here.

No, not just no... lol I'm not saying it DEFINITELY will be matte, but I can see it being so.

Those are 2 recent examples, sure, but they're both new theatrical releases, not catalogue titles. Take a look at at the main wwa for Inglorious Basterds for example.. yuck.

If it isn't WB in Germany, then it will be in the majority of the rest of Europe, as they distribute Universal titles now. WB have a horrible habit of releasing ****** matte steels over here.
Well ive gone ahead and pre-ordered thr French one. If this gets announced in the US ill switch it up