Facebook and all of its apps go down simultaneously.

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Facebook and its family of apps, including Instagram and WhatsApp, went down at the same time on Monday, taking out a vital communications platform used by more than three billion people around the world and adding heat to a company already under intense scrutiny.

Facebook’s apps — which include Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Oculus — began displaying error messages around 11:40 a.m. Eastern time, users reported. Within five minutes, Facebook had disappeared from the internet. Hours later, the sites were still not functioning, according to Downdetector, which monitors web traffic and site activity.

Technology outages are not uncommon, but to have so many apps go dark from the world’s largest social media company at the same time was highly unusual. Facebook’s last significant outage was in 2019, when a technical error affected its sites for 24 hours, in a reminder that even the most powerful internet companies can still be crippled by a snafu.

This time, the cause of the outage remained unclear. Several hours into the incident, Facebook’s security experts were still trying to identify the root issue, according to an internal memo and employees briefed on the matter. Two members of its security team, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly, said it was unlikely that a cyberattack had taken place because one hack was unlikely to affect so many apps at once.

Security experts said the problem most likely stemmed instead from a misconfiguration of Facebook’s server computers, which were not letting people connect to its sites like Instagram and WhatsApp. When such errors occur, companies frequently roll back to their previous configuration, but Facebook’s problems appeared to be more complex and to require some manual updating.

Andy Stone, a Facebook spokesman, posted on Twitter, “We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.”

You can read about it HERE.

Reactions: Dainius Gudavicius
For you maybe but I use it to communicate with a few relatives overseas and now I can't. Lots of people use it for business communications and conferencing and classroom teaching over the internet and a whole bunch of other things that people are dependent upon. Not good at all. o_O

For business I would not have been ever used those. Much better options available as are for individuals. For free.

Reactions: Chemartin_1
@Savage Clown I was talking about free services. And without Ads. And working ones. Facebook is so biased.
I don't have ads on Facebook and biased, who the hell cares what they like or dislike. I use Facebook for certain things that I'm dependent upon and and I prefer it that way, I don't want to use other services because I prefer to use Facebook. So all the Facebook haterz can take a hike for all I care.

Last edited:
Their website now has this.

chrome_qeBM2fTO5a.jpg