bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Falcon/Winter Soldier TV Series Planned for Disney Streaming Service
Source: SlashFilm

Winter Soldier / Falcon TV Series
Disney is developing a Falcon/Winter Solider team-up television series that would reunite frenemies Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie on the small screen Disney streaming service. We learned this news independently, but a new story from Variety has revealed that Disney has tapped Malcolm Spellman as the writer for the new series, which is currently in development.

Sebastian Stan quickly became a fan favorite after making his debut as Sgt. Bucky Barnes in Joe Johnston’s Captain America: The First Avenger in 2011. The character transformed into The Winter Soldier in Anthony and Joe Russo’s 2014 film Captain America: The Winter Soldier, a movie that also saw the debut of Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, AKA the Falcon. But it wasn’t until Captain America: Civil War, where Bucky and Sam developed a friendly rivalry on screen, that fans started demanding a spin-off movie.

Stan and Mackie have been playing this up in interviews, telling various outlets that they are ready and interested whenever the subject came up. Stan has even described his idea for a Falcon/Winter Soldier movie as a buddy comedy film: “To me, it’s like Martin Brest film classic, Midnight Run, you know. It’s really just sort of in my head, like, 48 Hoursor a buddy comedy from the ’80s or the ’90s. That’s how I see it.” Who knows what Disney and Feige’s plan for the series actually is.

The last time we saw Bucky, he had some recovery time in Wakanda, where he became known as “White Wolf” by the Wakandan people. Alongside Falcon, he tried to help the Avengers stop Thanos from obtaining the Infinity stones in the Battle of Wakanda, but they were unsuccessful and both Falcon and Bucky were turned to dust. We obviously know that the events of Avengers 4 will restore both of these heroes, but it’s also expected that the MCU will be changed in other major ways. It’s expected that these Disney Play shows could address some of the world-changing effects, although it’s ultimately unknown what the story will be about.

FalconWS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished the first episode. Seems decent so far. Great opening scene and loving Post cap depressed Bucky in this more than him in the other movies. Looks great too, looks like movie quality with the picture.

Reactions: Robles
Binge watched this yesterday as my 6 months free subscription ends at the end of this month. I liked it, I thought it was really good, looking forward to a second season.
Almost finished up Loki yesterday too, still got a couple of episodes to go, pretty good so far. Bizaar that's for sure.