The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 26, 2015
Purchase link: Media Markt
Price: €7
Note: Part of the Fast & Furious Franchise from Media Markt

Fast-&-Furious-7-(Leere-Steelbook-Edition---Media-Markt-Edition)-[Sonstiges].png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still hoping that Media Markt put forward a version for the eighth film to match the rest. I was really happy to get the empty case of seven on eBay too. Can't remember how much I paid though.

Did they stop releasing this series of steels on part 7?

There's what I call an American series, the best looking, with proper titles, like Fast Five (copped out on "Furious 6", added 'Fast' there), still being released, got all 9.

Then there's what I call FilmArena series of steels (although they were released elsewhere), the simplest looking, just huge digits and a colored accordingly car. Got first 8, 9th probably is coming.

And besides the stand-alone steels for every part, sometimes two, there was this what I call German or European series, somewhere between the FA and US ones in terms of quality. Still, I bought all, even that 7th empty steel, but don't see an 8th anywhere...

Did they stop releasing this series of steels on part 7?

There's what I call an American series, the best looking, with proper titles, like Fast Five (copped out on "Furious 6", added 'Fast' there), still being released, got all 9.

Then there's what I call FilmArena series of steels (although they were released elsewhere), the simplest looking, just huge digits and a colored accordingly car. Got first 8, 9th probably is coming.

And besides the stand-alone steels for every part, sometimes two, there was this what I call German or European series, somewhere between the FA and US ones in terms of quality. Still, I bought all, even that 7th empty steel, but don't see an 8th anywhere...
Yep, this was the last in this style unfortunately. Sold all mine due to the fact that they never continued them... really hate when they do that!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yep, this was the last in this style unfortunately. Sold all mine due to the fact that they never continued them... really hate when they do that!
Yes, indeed. I'll need to sell mine as well, including separate WWA ones, and just keep the American and FilmArena ones - 4+ steels per movie is too much for this franchise. I think I got 7 of the first one. Not even Blade Runner or the Fifth Element has that many, and that's just wrong. :wtf:

Reactions: Noodles
The Japanese steel for 9 looks near enough a match to this wave, but no, there wasn't one for 8 that remotely matches.

Thanks for that.

I guess the front kind of matches, but the rest doesn't really. If the 9 had lined up at the bottom of the spine it might get away with it.
Yeah i did say near enough, it's not part of the same wave itself though. Close enough match if you're just taking it on the front alone, pretty much void though seeing as there isn't one for 8 either way :banghead:

There isn't a good matching set for these films at all. I've had to mix and match mine, inc 2 custom covers. The WWA with dom's charger racing down the bridge for 8 isn't too bad, but the 2 options for 9 don't match at all and suck imo.

20211021_120800_resized.jpg

As far as i'm concerned F&F finished at 7, The film wraps up nicely and its the last to feature Paul Walker who is that franchise imo. The 7 I have in matching steels and the rest after that i have just been buying in the amaray cases.

(i realised 5 & 6 are out of film order when i posted, Its annoying but i cba to correct it lol)

B1B2E8B6-EC0D-40B2-BB73-E253E0FCBE28.jpeg
55C1CB46-A7EF-46BF-8F28-181490108B85.jpeg

Reactions: Noodles
As far as i'm concerned F&F finished at 7, The film wraps up nicely and its the last to feature Paul Walker who is that franchise imo. The 7 I have in matching steels and the rest after that i have just been buying in the amaray cases.

(i realised 5 & 6 are out of film order when i posted, Its annoying but i cba to correct it lol)

View attachment 519786View attachment 519787
7 does wrap it all up nicely and I think they should've finished it there personally. 8 was honestly far better than I expected it to be and is actually my 4th favourite after 1, 5 & 7.

9 was ridiculous though (not in a good way) and is probably the worst, an argument could also be made that Tokyo Drift deserves that title. I do hope they pull something out of their arses that makes 10 better and 11 deserving finale.

7 does wrap it all up nicely and I think they should've finished it there personally. 8 was honestly far better than I expected it to be and is actually my 4th favourite after 1, 5 & 7.

9 was ridiculous though (not in a good way) and is probably the worst, an argument could also be made that Tokyo Drift deserves that title. I do hope they pull something out of their arses that makes 10 better and 11 deserving finale.
I Agree completely here.

Fast 8 was ok, But not needed and 9 was just so unrealistic even by Fast and Furious standards lol

They are great pop corn films but i am looking forward to it finally being over because at this point they jumped the shark a couple films ago.

Personal favs in order:
1, 5, 7, 2, 4, 6

3 i cannot stand, The car racing was good but the lead guy is just so so terrible.

I Agree completely here.

Fast 8 was ok, But not needed and 9 was just so unrealistic even by Fast and Furious standards lol

They are great pop corn films but i am looking forward to it finally being over because at this point they jumped the shark a couple films ago.

Personal favs in order:
1, 5, 7, 2, 4, 6

3 i cannot stand, The car racing was good but the lead guy is just so so terrible.
8 was unnecessary, completely. It was good enough though that I didn't feel all that cheated that 7 wasn't the end. It wasn't a good end though, 7 was.. so they've now got 2 films to reel it in a bit, say "family" 90% less and actually give a series that started off solid, a decent ending.

3 is bull, agreed. That lad is painful to watch/listen to. My personal order is.. 7, 1, 5, 8, 2, 6, 4, 9, 3. Hobbs & shaw probably sits between 6 and 4.

Parts 5-9 are all a big mess in my memory, so I like them pretty much in the order they were released, or rather the official time-line order: 1, 2=4, 5, 6, 3, 7, 8, 9.
Hobbs spin-off is the worst, and 4th was the best of the sequels because I was just so happy to see Rodriguez and Brewster back.