Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Billy Talent

Gotta Collect Them All !!!
Premium Supporter
May 24, 2020
Pandora
Release date: May 22, 2022
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow Films) - £21.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: UHD disc only

ezgif-4-c81a8f09c1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Product Features
  • 4K restoration from the original negative approved by Terry Gilliam
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original 5.1 & 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Feature commentary by Terry Gilliam, moderated by Phil Stubbs
  • Savage: Finding The American Nightmare, an appreciation by film historian Ian Christie
  • The Gonzo Papers, an interview with producer Laila Nabulsi
  • Grim Memories & Bad Flashbacks, an interview with star Benicio del Toro
  • Ignore This Terrible Drug: The Art and Style of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, a featurette including interviews with cinematographer Nicola Pecorini, production designer Alex McDowall, costume designer Julie Weiss and editor Lesley Walker
  • Four deleted scenes with optional commentary by Gilliam, including the excised prologue A Dress Pattern
  • Spotlight on Location, an original promotional featurette featuring interviews with Gilliam, Depp and del Toro
  • Behind the scenes 'B-roll' footage and additional EPK interviews with Gilliam, Depp and del Toro
  • Theatrical trailers and TV spots
  • Extensive image galleries, including original production designs, storyboards and production stills
  • Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork choices
  • Illustrated collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by Roger Keen and original production notes
  • Limited Edition slipcover featuring Ralph Steadman's classic illustration Bats Over Barstow

Missed the original release with booklet, just got the BD for £7, but now will buy this one. Although I again compared yesterday a 1080p and a 2160p HDR10+ versions of Too Old to Die Young, and hated the HDR, so why I bother upgrading, I don't know.

I for one welcome the new changes and cheaper pricing. Sure won't miss the lobby cards. I always assumed they where included to fill in the gap left in the slipcase if you actually use the poster

Last edited:
From Arrow blog/news >

Select Limited Edition releases will still be packaged in a slipcase, but the phrase is now also being applied to initial pressings of all new release titles, and are distinguished by the presence of a slipcover and booklet.

So there is not much new other than more clarity when buying. Which isn't bad

£14.99 on amazon uk(50% off), probably an error but i chucked an order in.
It's a pricing error

The Blu-ray standard edition that was released in April 2020 is £14.99
Amazon product

Amazon UK website by error is using the Blu-ray price for the UHD release

It will be corrected as the dealer price Amazon pay Arrow Films for the UHD is more than £15
Amazon would be selling at a loss if they don't correct the price

Oh i reckon they could afford it cos they don't spend it on the packaging!
Amazon would be selling at a loss if sold at £14.99
The dealer price retailers pay Arrow Films is more than £15

You only sell below dealer price when you left with lot of unsold stock

Distributors sometimes months after release date reduce prices but not with new releases

Retailers profit margin on DVD/Blu-ray/UHD discs is lot less than you likely think it is

£15 is almost $20, I'd say that's max I'll pay for a catalog release, so the price is right.

The distributor dealer price is more than £14.99 as in what the retailer pays the distributor
Amazon listing at £14.99 is a error as that means they are selling below dealer price

Amazon price for the UHD release will very likely be corrected to £21.99 before release date
The UHD is a new release and not a Blu-ray back catalog re-release or previous release stock not selling
As per Amazon terms and conditions they do not have to honor websites price error's but sometimes do

The profit margin retailers have on new releases DVD/Blu-ray/UHD is a lot less than you realise
Most retailers in regards to Physical Media DVD/Blu-ray/UHD the mark up on dealer price for new releases is only 30% to 40%
Some retailers can increase that margin if they have a good file discount with distributor
Retailers have staff wages that has to be paid and electric/gas and insurance etc and other costs invloved in running a business

Some smaller based retailers sell at RRP as they don't have any file discounts with distributors
The RRP in regards this release is £29.99
Those smaller based retailers can't afford to price match the likes of Amazon/HMV

File discounts can be as little as 2% to 5% with some retailers and some smaller retailers don't get any file discounts as it's based on amount of stock you regularly order from distributors
Amazon get around 10% to 20% file discount with some distributors but some give lot less

Retailers sometimes sell new releases product a loss to get sales of other products same time you see available in store or online
That only works if customers also purchase the products that have good profit margin as in it's subsidising the item they selling at a loss

There is more profit magin that can be made with sales of second hand DVD/Blu-ray/UHD in comparison to shops that sell new releases

I understand all of that, you really don't have to retell the history of the world every time, and how everyone needs to eat and poop. :shipped:
I'm just half-jokingly saying that's a price I'd pay, and I really don't care how many children die because of it. Unless it's kittens.
I am 100% sure Amazon isn't paying more than £14.99 per copy. Maybe £8 at most.

These physical media releases cost around $3 to replicate each, so if someone's not getting something, then someone's charging a bit much initially.

• Haha
Reactions: Fmac72 and Noodles
I understand all of that, you really don't have to retell the history of the world every time, and how everyone needs to eat and poop. :shipped:
I'm just half-jokingly saying that's a price I'd pay, and I really don't care how many children die because of it. Unless it's kittens.
I am 100% sure Amazon isn't paying more than £14.99 per copy. Maybe £8 at most.

These physical media releases cost around $3 to replicate each, so if someone's not getting something, then someone's charging a bit much initially.
Yeah like Amazon gives a flying one for the companies it deals with.

Not so sure the £14.99 price was an error. Amazon often do promotional pricing, and as with this one, they limit the sales to 3 per customer, seen it many times. I remember the new Hellboy steelbook pre-order steelbook for £10 a couple of years ago, that got limited to 3 per customer as well, I think it just a way to boost sales for a slow selling product, and push the product up the sales rankings..

Reactions: Fmac72