Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
fnac 2.png

Blu-Ray section http://video.fnac.com/s26302/Blu-Ray#bl=MMvi

Please share any info :scat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marina Blue
I'm just copying this post from the 'Brave' thread as a warning to anyone thinking of ordering from Fnac.

Basically, I wouldn't. This is how mine turned up today with the gift wrap option. NO padding, bubble wrap, paper of any kind in the box, the steels just loose and bouncing around against one another. Needless to say, both steels arrived damaged.

pc060002.jpg

Order from them at your risk.

For me personally, never again

Reactions: montana2974
zic too bad but i don't understand why you choose "gift wrap option" you should have chosen normal shipping and they would pack with a box for sure not like this ... I think you did a mistake

But you are right to say that the items inside are most of the time "loose" and free to move in the packaging they put some air bags sometimes but never bubble wrap :(

ask a french ninja next time ;)

i don't understand why you choose "gift wrap option" you should have chosen normal shipping and they would pack with a box for sure not like this ...

They did come in a box. But there was no padding or cushioning inside the box, so the steelbooks just bounced around inside it and burst out of their wrap.

ask a french ninja next time ;)

Good idea. :thumbs:

Might be heading to Paris for the weekend later in the year.

Can someone give me a couple of addresses/streets in the city were I can go to FNAC

Thanks

FNAC in Vannes, Brittany currently have 1 copy of Dredd, 2 of Rebelle (although both have split wrapping and one has a scratch), they also have a few copies of Expendables 2 and 2 copies of the Tron box set.
I got all excited as they had loads of copies of Dark Shadows but sadly not the exclusive version :(

You should have asked some help from a french Ninja...
Even in France, I don't order from Fnac to be shipped at home...
The best way to received items in safe conditions from them is to choose the delivery in a Fnac store.
The customer service is one of the worst I ever met...

Reactions: flateric
I'm just copying this post from the 'Brave' thread as a warning to anyone thinking of ordering from Fnac.

Basically, I wouldn't. This is how mine turned up today with the gift wrap option. NO padding, bubble wrap, paper of any kind in the box, the steels just loose and bouncing around against one another. Needless to say, both steels arrived damaged.

pc060002.jpg

Order from them at your risk.

For me personally, never again

I wish I'd read this thread before ordering the latest GI Joe steelbook. It's arrived in a box that's far too big for it without any other packing. Best of it's the amaray version and not the steelbook I ordered. I've sent a complaint in but I'm not get a good feeling this'll be sorted after reading the experiences here.

I ordered 2 copies of Hobbit 3D and received amarays. I have requested a refund since the photo clearly shows steelbook. I am a little worried though because it did not say steelbook in the description but the Hobbit 2D did and it was a steelbook. I get the feeling I am screwed. As far as packaging goes I made a large order and they shipped in a box with air-bags on top and all were mint except one steel had small tears in shrink wrap but that may have shipped like that.

FNAC is the worst retailer by fare,that I have ever, ever buy from. Do knot under any circumstances risk it . I ordered 2 Green lantern steelbooks from them both arrived with 2 massive dins sent to me in a jiffy bag .
I sent them back after speaking on the phone for 35 min with a very arrogant person , after 1 month I still had no refund phone 4 times then spoke with another arrogant person who seemed to think I was laying , then after 25 min on the phone , thy reluctantly refunded me.
But stupid me I ordered 2 Hansel & Gretel FNAC steelbook exclusives which I had ordered previously and for got to cancel both arrived to me on time but you got it bloody Blu ray DVDS not steelbook , WTF , PHONED AGAIN on the Phone for 30 min I got thru to another very rude person who insisted they sent me the steelbook what I ordered.
After another 25 min thy told me to send back the DVDS and they would replace them with the ones
I ordered ,
I sent them back , and yes you gest it they sent back the bloody same DVDS I PHONED THEM, AFTER 45 min I WAS RUDLY TOLD thy don't have Hansel & Gretel steelbook any more . so I sent back the 2 DVDS back and after 3 weeks and many phone calls was told that thy never received them , after one month I was told thy had received them when I phone after waiting on line for 35min I was given refund for only 1 DVD not 2 . I phone to close my account was kept on hold for 35 min and finally I closed my account . So if you would like buy from the worst retailer in the world then look no FURTHER THAN FNAC

Last edited:
FNAC ships to US but their packaging is atrocious. They simply throw the steelbooks into a box with no bubble-wrap and too much room for them to move around which means it takes a miracle to receive them undamaged.

-Dano

Reactions: mike21a
I had the same problem with Monsters Univ. It was awful. I kept ringing but when I got through no one spoke English and they kept putting the phone down on me. Luckily I had complained to DHL and in the end their French counterparts got me my refund. Great Steelbooks but a complete nightmare when things go wrong.

cyz2zy3119ods9lfg.jpg

xwt6zscp41ut5w8fg.jpg

Reactions: x3ntaur
I dont generall like fnac steels anyway as it may be french and secondly you cant remove their subtitles off the movies awful...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Generally

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk