Funko guts Mondo

Nov 5, 2018
Posters division will continue with increased print runs

More vinyl records releases with plans for a new vinyl pressing plant

Twitter link

Posters division will continue with increased print runs

This is all a bit weird and somehow makes it worse

Actually, it makes complete sense.

Margins are lower on posters. So jack up the quantity printed - instead of hundreds, it will be thousands on the popular timed edition ones.

Rob and Mitch and Eric were against this idea, and against what it meant for collectors…so they got the boot.

All the artists I really like collecting are not going back to Mondo.

So, I’m curious what talent they are left with. And likely worse art direction, as well.

Maybe now I'll actually stand a chance of copping some of their posters! Not that it matters if none of the artists will be returning though :facepalm:
All the big names that I follow have said, no.

That being said, artists that were never in the fold to begin with, like maybe mexifunk, might be an option.

Screenprinted posters are harder to do though, all the layers, there’s a lot of skill to that

Also remember too, for Funko to do this stated volume of prints, they would either need to buy an existing print shop or open their own.

Thousands of prints would kill demand and then these will end up in the landfill like all those pops

Reactions: Flloydo
Actually, it makes complete sense.

Margins are lower on posters. So jack up the quantity printed - instead of hundreds, it will be thousands on the popular timed edition ones.

Rob and Mitch and Eric were against this idea, and against what it meant for collectors…so they got the boot.

All the artists I really like collecting are not going back to Mondo.

So, I’m curious what talent they are left with. And likely worse art direction, as well.

• Friendly
Reactions: apsmith21

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha
Reactions: eLviS1987