Gangs Of New York (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #24) [Korea]

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: September 27, 2019
Purchase links: 1/4 Slip - Full Slip - Lenticular Full Slip A - Lenticular Full Slip B - Box Set (Pre-order Aug 22, 2019 @ 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9) - check your local time here)
Price: $35.99 (Full Slip) - $36.99 (Lenti A or B) - $129.99 (One Click) - $34.99 (1/4 Slip not numbered)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Lenti A - Lenti B - Full Slip - 1/4 Slip
Notes: WEA, Total Print Run 3000 (One Click 300, Full Slip 700, Lenti A 700, Lenti B 700, 1/4 Slip)

67827638_338639917071369_3984414256824057856_n.jpglenti a.jpglenti b.jpgone click.jpgquarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova lentis are usually top notch, but I don't see how these will make make a good lenti. Should have just made the lentis regular full slips and threw away the full slip with no title. Even the one click box is nothing special.

I don't hate them. In fact, I'm fine with the lentis except they repeat artwork that's already on the Steelbook. The fullslip is eyebrow raising. I think they should've gone with something simple, like a wraparound of the flag, similar to what they've got as the cover for the book that comes with the one-click.

Fullslip for me again, but overall underwhelming, especially lentis, these close-ups of faces are so boring and If lenti effect will be similar to Kickass then it's huge fail again.

I can see a title on fullslip @djjez83 :confused:

Fullslip for me again, but overall underwhelming, especially lentis, these close-ups of faces are so boring and If lenti effect will be similar to Kickass then it's huge fail again.

I can see a title on fullslip @djjez83 :confused:

The original beauty shot did not have a title on it

Attachments

• D0F11818-7789-43ED-ADEE-75166553B3B4.jpeg
    D0F11818-7789-43ED-ADEE-75166553B3B4.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 107
I like them... not the greatest job ever but the full slip is what I'll get...

Reactions: yeslek
So Nova are going with the whole ‘you gotta choose who you love most’ thing with the lentis just like Kick Ass. Incomplete cover art just makes me grumpy. Great film, but I’ve just lost interest, especially when there are so many other premiums out there that do get it right.

Reactions: djjez83 and yeslek
Agree this looks bad. What's the last Nova Exclusive or Nova Choice Preorder to sell out not even 24 hours but say a week?. T2, Star Wars:TFA, JW 2?. They have been just spiraling. Last thing I picked up was Taken and Reservoir Dogs One Clicks for $50 each during a holiday sale. They used to be top tier and choose great titles in the begining: Drive, Both Avengers and AOU, Begin Again, JW 1. GOTG. What happened?

• Wow
Reactions: djjez83
Agree this looks bad. What's the last Nova Exclusive or Nova Choice Preorder to sell out not even 24 hours but say a week?. T2, Star Wars:TFA, JW 2?. They have been just spiraling. Last thing I picked up was Taken and Reservoir Dogs One Clicks for $50 each during a holiday sale. They used to be top tier and choose great titles in the begining: Drive, Both Avengers and AOU, Begin Again, JW 1. GOTG. What happened?
They're taking some distance from the MCU and may prefer to dedicate to films that have not yet been published in an inflationary manner;)

Reactions: yeslek
am thinking the Leo lenti purely for the rear artwork...not sure though - love both front lenti choices byt way of style even if they are a tad lazy by way of choice

I've watched this film so many years ago I really don't remember a single scene lol. FS just has both main characters so it works for me (although I do love Leo and skipping his lenti makes me sad).