General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Cool Mondo Poster Pics

80s.jpg

StarTrek_1.jpg

StarTrek_2.jpg

StarWars.jpg

Avengers_1.jpg

Avengers_2.jpg

Classic_1.jpg

Classic_2.jpg

Horror_1.jpg

Horror_2.jpg

Misc.jpg

SFF_1.jpg

SFF_2.jpg

Narrow_1.jpg

Narrow_2.jpg

Last edited:
EEK! Damn, and you're moving? But the green tile looks so nice.

I can hold onto those while you move so they don't get damaged. :thumbs:

:p :movie: :p

out of all those, I own 2. Tho when I first saw these like this ... what blew my mind (on how cool it looks) is the Back to the Future ones.

I think they would look tits in a dedicated home theater ... but thats a lot of wall space real estate.

Heya, thought I'd make a thread to talk about anything related to posters, that way we don't clutter up poster specific topics.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

SO...Mondo charges $15 for shipping. Yet I just had to pay the mailman $1.85 to cover the shipping on my tube. They only paid $8 something to ship the thing. EEK!EEK!

Where'd my $15 go...:ohno:

Reactions: roseart
Their scale must be off, and there is added cost for tube and the delicate :rolleyes: technique of rolling the prints.

How long have you guys in been the print game. I started last year around the olly moss dark knight timed release and have been hooked ever since. Funny part of it is I feel that it has taken the time from than to now to get a full understanding of everything with all the artist and all the different shows and galleries and where everything is available to purchase.

Since around the beginning of the year. I always knew it was there, but resisted because I knew what would happen. :emb:

Yeah, I am still learning. :hilarious: The best and worst place to learn about it all and scramble your brain is twitter. Holy hell, secret drops, info not posted anywhere else, sales, etc.. has you watching it like a hawk. When 90% is people posting 1 word or blah! I stayed away from the twitterverse until I go into this side of film collectables.

Rose and I started around the same time. I personally found out about the whole thing while doing a search for limited edition movie posters. I even witnessed Perillo's first star wars drop but was too ignorant at the time to get it. Been a whirlwind ever since.

I always thought that I would never have a twitter account until I started collecting prints. Twitter is pretty much needed if you have any hopes of getting the surprise drops from poster and toys or any other artist.

Heya, thought I'd make a thread to talk about anything related to posters, that way we don't clutter up poster specific topics.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

SO...Mondo charges $15 for shipping. Yet I just had to pay the mailman $1.85 to cover the shipping on my tube. They only paid $8 something to ship the thing. EEK!EEK!

Where'd my $15 go...:ohno:

the other $7 went to the people they pay to package and mail them. :p Handling fee I presume.

Didn't know where to post this, so general sounded good. ;)

Have you ever had a gallery ask you to do this? If you are a Daft Punk fan, look away.

CIMG1045.JPG

This is how they keep the run the same. Print new ones and keep the same #s. As a collector, I could not do it. Luckily, rock has no problem with destruction. :p

:movie:​

so it was a bit beat up so they made you destroy before they replaced?

cool of them actually.

link to the daft print?

so it was a bit beat up so they made you destroy before they replaced?

cool of them actually.

link to the daft print?

Yeah, they stuffed the top and bottom for protection, but ended up creasing and crimping the top and bottom of the prints. :(

Very cool indeed. I never thought about that with prints, but a great way to keep the integrity of the run and still have a mint copy. :LOL:

Well, it was sold out, but looks like they still have some for sale:

Daft Roots by Craig Drake

Here are the other prints from the show:

ReDiscovery: An Art Show Inspired by Daft Punk

Didn't know where to post this, so general sounded good. ;)

Have you ever had a gallery ask you to do this? If you are a Daft Punk fan, look away.

This is how they keep the run the same. Print new ones and keep the same #s. As a collector, I could not do it. Luckily, rock has no problem with destruction. :p

That is pretty normal for them to do. That way you don't turn around and sell the other one.

I'm actually thinking of upgrading all my poster frames to actual frames.

At the moment I have 3 'frameless' frames, though I'd like to add three more posters (hopefully a nice Hobbit poster :D ) to this and then get some nice black frames for them all.