General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayson Weidel is the artist! He's still open for commissions, too. I have a three piece Fringe portrait set and a Heimdall painted commission on the list.
For some reason I read your original post wrong... I thought you meant it was a commission you'd done lol. Thanks for the artist's name though... I'll be sure to check them out! :thumbs:

Received today!

1556192808366.png

Reactions: Wreck
Had a go at doing a simple movie poster, because I don't have skills...... don't think I'm going to try any more though. lol Here it is @Noodles

MoviePoster-DasBoot.png

Had a go at doing a simple movie poster, because I don't have skills...... don't think I'm going to try any more though. lol Here it is @Noodles

View attachment 426986
Mate... that's really good for your first attempt. Hell, it's even better than my tenth attempt! Although it's quite minimalist, you filled the space nicely without overcrowding, and the bubbles are a nice touch too. Keep it up dude! You'll be a pro in no time. ;)

Looks like you got a decent price. It's a beauty. I've got the variant, signed by John Carpenter from when he did his musical tour!
wow, thats awesome.. i dont even wanna think about how much one would have to pay for something like that nowadays lol

price was fine, he even accepted my offer so its under the BIN price... still had to pay very high custom charges due to ebays global shipping programme :-/

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 9789
its likely from when Scanbox the denmark distributor (and some other territories) distributed the title and used those posters to promote. fyi @Apinamakina

Do you think that poster has any kind of potential to grow in price? Since it's not U.S poster.
It also does have pin holes on the corners from previous owner.

Anyway, I have ordered 70cmx100cm frames for it, with plexiglass and non-acid background paper to protect it, plus some sealing tape to protect it from dust. :)

Do you think that poster has any kind of potential to grow in price? Since it's not U.S poster.
It also does have pin holes on the corners from previous owner.

Anyway, I have ordered 70cmx100cm frames for it, with plexiglass and non-acid background paper to protect it, plus some sealing tape to protect it from dust. :)
No.

Only posters that grow in value really are original DS (double sided) 27x40 theatrical posters, quad posters (mostly only uk or eu like these) and the new modern era Screen Print posters. Then sometimes giclee's if the art is amazing, or well known artist etc.

and the pin holes will "frame out" as poster enthusiasts word it. Same with lil creases etc. on corners often a print can still frame out hiding those imperfections. etc.

If you enjoy it, that is what matters most.

No.

Only posters that grow in value really are original DS (double sided) 27x40 theatrical posters, quad posters (mostly only uk or eu like these) and the new modern era Screen Print posters. Then sometimes giclee's if the art is amazing, or well known artist etc.

Shame, well I'm glad I didn't buy any expensive frames with uv-protective glass.