General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean by original movie poster? Cant you just buy movie posters all the time... they are reprints ... but how do you tell the difference from an original?

original's are in general double sided, where as reproductions are only single sided. but there are obviously double sided reproductions as well.

originals=released to a movie theater to be displayed. not sure if they're always used tho. i'll do some research and update the thread, but this is what (little) i know about em off the top of my head lol

Yeah I wonder if they are a certain size. I was researching how much it would cost to frame some movie posters if I bought them on amazon and the frames were uber expensive. I'm going to order more blockbuster movie posters to finish my room but was really hoping to have a Braveheart, HEAT and or Robin Hood (costner) posters framed. Of which BB posters dont have.

I did see you could buy those lighted boxes that movie theaters put their posters in. They were pretty expensive though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QJYHLC/?tag=hidefnin-20

yeah frames at wal-mart in their biggest size were even $30, not including me purchasing the poster from amz. Where as blockbuster ones com framed and bad ass looking. But my theater cant be complete without Braveheart :tear:

I worked at the local movie theater all thru highschool. The owner had a ginormas stack of the double sided ones. He would give them to the employees if they asked. I had Unforgiven, Last of the Mohicans, Menace II Society, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Boyz N the Hood and The Exorcist III.

I worked at the local movie theater all thru highschool. The owner had a ginormas stack of the double sided ones. He would give them to the employees if they asked. I had Unforgiven, Last of the Mohicans, Menace II Society, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Boyz N the Hood and The Exorcist III.

awesome :scat:

I live with a kid at school that worked at one all through high school and still does during the summer. Last year he got me The Strangers poster with the dude with the bag on his head in the background. It's a freaky poster. He got me that one, Saw 4, Transporter 3, and The happening. I think he has Shooter and Max Payne framed in his basement. Pretty cool.

In general, original movie posters are double sided and 27in x 40in, and more often than not, reprints are sized slightly differently so as not to match the original and thereby can be told apart.

After the summer I am going to build some lighted poster boxes to house some of my originals. I will post some plans when I get it all figured out.

Cheers
CrashKelly

hey,
i dont get the original size, i have gotten the 11x17" of the Alien movies and Assault Girls and Avalon. currently fixing up my living room gettin it ready for Oct 26th :oohyeah:

when i git r done ill post some pics :D

got an original inception poster for christmas, still need to get a good frame for it though. anyone get anything recently?

I think I may just go the poster route for one side my room, and grab one more block buster art to fix up the other.

I have hundreds of theatre posters. Originals are 27x40 and double sided from the 1980's on (they actually used to be 27x41 pre 1980's and were not double sided, I only have one 1970's poster). Usually your reprints are 24x36 and single sided. The dvd posters released to places like blockbuster and hollywood video were also 27x40 but single sided.

I should post pics of all my movie posters. Or the ones I have hung up over the years.

Reactions: raspor