Ghost in the Shell (1995) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 27, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Anime-On-Line - Amazon UK
Price: £39.99 (Zavvi - HMV - Amazon) - £37.49 (Anime-On-Line)
Note: The special features are on the blu-ray disc

AC486906-1CA0-42DF-A140-9E3366BF24E8.jpeg

97A90D20-30F3-4018-9568-59790D3905BE.jpeg7EB4DF16-1E19-4EFD-8081-4B85C535E3E7.jpegCA0DFEBC-5BC9-4BA2-BBE6-4F79055EE2A3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
how is the finish? good-looking?
Yeah, really nice. Embossed border and title on the front. The individual letters aren't Embossed, but it's better than nothing. The window on the back is debossed too. Zero finish, but its good quality, not streaky. Nice shimmer to the circuitry.

Slip is good quality too. Soft to the touch, but no embossing. Simular to arrow's donnie darko 4k slip. Folder is too, holds the poster and x6 art cards.

Despite what was reported previously, the film is also on the blu-ray disc. Most of the special features are on the 4k disc, these are repeated on thr blu-ray with another 2 additional segments.

English and Japanese atmos, plus original Japanese 2.0 on the 4k disc. Atmos is replaced by DTS HD MA 5.1 on the bluray disc. 4K also has Dolby Vision. Both disc menus match the artwork of the slip too. Nice package overall, happy with it.

Japanese atmos, plus original Japanese 2.0 on the 4k disc. Atmos is replaced by DTS HD MA 5.1 on the bluray disc. 4K also has Dolby Vision. Both disc menus match the artwork of the slip too. Nice package overall, happy with it.
But still no original track during end credits, from what I can hear. I was hoping till the last minute.

Was thinking about getting Japanese 4K disc for replacement, but damn, those are over hundred bucks now. Now hoping for the (potential, of course) second print run of those...

But still no original track during end credits, from what I can hear. I was hoping till the last minute.

Was thinking about getting Japanese 4K disc for replacement, but damn, those are over hundred bucks now. Now hoping for the (potential, of course) second print run of those...
As far as I know, no. I can't comment first hand though, seeing as I don't own a copy with what would be the original end credits track. I have this and the USA 4K steelbook release. Honestly it wouldn't bother me either way though, very very rarely watch end credits myself.

Reactions: PracticingPat
Yeah, really nice. Embossed border and title on the front. The individual letters aren't Embossed, but it's better than nothing. The window on the back is debossed too. Zero finish, but its good quality, not streaky. Nice shimmer to the circuitry.

Slip is good quality too. Soft to the touch, but no embossing. Simular to arrow's donnie darko 4k slip. Folder is too, holds the poster and x6 art cards.

Despite what was reported previously, the film is also on the blu-ray disc. Most of the special features are on the 4k disc, these are repeated on thr blu-ray with another 2 additional segments.

English and Japanese atmos, plus original Japanese 2.0 on the 4k disc. Atmos is replaced by DTS HD MA 5.1 on the bluray disc. 4K also has Dolby Vision. Both disc menus match the artwork of the slip too. Nice package overall, happy with it.
The film is also on the Blu-ray Disc?

it never occurred to me that this could be 4k only. I still see 4k as the bonus disc that future proofs purchases, rather than the main disc, but thats probably because I dont have a 4k player yet ha

Charged from Zavvi. :D
Hoping to have this by the weekend :thumbs: