Mediabook Ginger Snaps Trilogy - NSM Records Leatherbook Edition (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

Jan 22, 2014
Germany
Release date: April 12, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €105.57

artwork.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billy Talent
Anyone willing to sell this new, or 'like new', I'm looking to buy. Missed it...
I got mine from ebay back when I got into collecting at that point it was the highest amount I ever paid for a bluray set which was 180 €

Now the cheapest one I can find is on amazon.de for 277€.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
You mean this one?
Exactly was sold out after release immediately, but I preordered it. Never watched it lol, recently watched the Wrong Turn ones until part4, that were released as a Mediabook(pt 1-6) as well. These movies are all very good and nearly everybody says you can only watch the first two ones and the rest is crap, but that´s not true. They all have some highligts be it good actors or nice settings or just a trashy (in a good way) style. No complete errors until now.

Last edited:
I'd buy that trilogy mediabook too, nice crowded drawn cover, all as I like, but it's also around €200. People are nuts!

nice crowded drawn cover
I also like the cover, looks decent. You know I´m not the biggest fan of this style, but this one is painted quite good and the cover is more pleasing than the ones from the Leatherbook, where you can be proud that these awful covers are hidden in the book lol

Last edited:
it's also around €200. People are nuts!
Yes I agree, overhyped stuff it is and the prices are eyeroll. Was the same with Descent1+2, where I got the double feature Blu-Ray for €7,99 from Amazon and that with the free delivery offer (otherwise would have paid €4,99 additionally). So it´s €3,50 per movie -the Mediabooks (per part) are 15-20x higher priced. That´s just stupid. I always passed such releases and bought the Amaray instead.

Exception is Wrong Turn, where every part was released in an own keep-case, but each for €20, because they were AT-Imports = €120 and that was the price for the 6-disc mediabook on sale, too. It´s a padded one with nice cover, had a production flaw on 1st page, but saves a lot of space + comes with thick booklet and contains many background informations. Was definitely the better deal and the price continousely increased to €219 at the moment, that I never would pay. It was clear that his would happen, because it just has to be one single part of the amaray releases oop and the Mediabook is back in interest and so it came - 2 of them were sold out immediately and now only one or two are still in stock.

Last edited:
Depending on the film(s) some prices do indeed strike us as totally hysterical but the fact remains, there are collectors with deep pockets that will purchase an item(s) solely based on their fond memories of a show.
In essence, truth be told, I'd suggest the entire collector market follows this perception.
So yeah, what seems hysterical pricing to us, can simply mean the price of the hobby to others.

I'll never begrudge folks that elect to pay silly prices for true collectables BUT I have a significant issue with retailers (i.e. Amazon.ca) jacking prices for the same rationale.
When I see Amazon.ca prices for films/shows ON SALE for over twice what their American counterpart is requesting, I get very angry. Not so much with Amazon, as with the simpletons in Canada that will just flippantly pay whatever price it's at.
Why would Amazon.ca lower their prices when they have fools in ready supply to pay whatever price they ask?

Sorry, didn't really want to throw so much anger into a simple product's post, I just get so steamed at these mindless folk.
Anyway, I have the original leatherbound set and I find it quite gorgeous. Also very proud of a Canuck filmmaker doing so well with it.
Cheers! :)

Depending on the film(s) some prices do indeed strike us as totally hysterical but the fact remains, there are collectors with deep pockets that will purchase an item(s) solely based on their fond memories of a show.
In essence, truth be told, I'd suggest the entire collector market follows this perception.
So yeah, what seems hysterical pricing to us, can simply mean the price of the hobby to others.

I'll never begrudge folks that elect to pay silly prices for true collectables BUT I have a significant issue with retailers (i.e. Amazon.ca) jacking prices for the same rationale.
When I see Amazon.ca prices for films/shows ON SALE for over twice what their American counterpart is requesting, I get very angry. Not so much with Amazon, as with the simpletons in Canada that will just flippantly pay whatever price it's at.
You brought up two points I agree on - first that we do often buy stuff based on good memories, positive feelings being evoked by even the mention of a title, without even rewatching such titles, at least that's how it is for me (maybe I'm afraid I won't like it as much again, as I did 20 years ago).
Second is that many people, Americans in particular, still, in 2022, are afraid, don't know, or don't even think about importing any releases. I started buying 'foreign' releases almost right away, in 2000-01.

I watched the movies recently and think the third part was the idea-giver for the Revenant-movie with Leonardo DiCaprio. The first two parts were good and now I know why most Horror-fans like this trilogy so much. Seen the third part years ago - was and still is enjoyable.:thumbs: