PS4/PS5 God of War Ragnarök Collector’s and Jötnar Edition inc. Steelbook

Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
God of War Ragnarök Collector’s and Jötnar Edition inc. Steelbook

The Collector’s Edition
includes what you get with the Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as the following:

• Printed voucher code for the full game on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
  • A Steelbook Display Case (no game disc included) – The God of War Ragnarök Steelbook Display Case depicts renditions of the Bear and the Wolf.
  • 2” Vanir Twins Carvings – In the same style as Atreus’ wooden toy carvings of the Huldra Brothers from the God of War Collector’s Edition, the God of War Ragnarök Collector’s Edition completes the set with carvings of the Vanir Twins.
  • Dwarven Dice Set – This set comes with a set of dice with a quality wood-like finish in a dice bag with a symbol of Yggdrasil on the outside.
  • 16” Mjölnir Replica – A highly detailed replica of Thor’s signature weapon from God of War Ragnarök.

Then there’s the Jötnar Edition, which includes everything in the Collector’s Edition as well as:

• 7-Inch Vinyl Record with music by Bear McCreary containing two tracks.
  • The Falcon, Bear, and Wolf Pin Set – Representing Faye, Kratos, and Atreus respectively, this pin set symbolizes our heroes’ family.
  • The Legendary Draupnir Ring – A ring from Norse Mythology, the Legendary Draupnir Ring comes in a red cloth bag.
  • Brok’s Dice Set – This dice set comes with a metallic silver finish with blue detailing. The dice bag features the Huldra Brothers’ brand.
  • Yggdrasil Cloth Map – This cloth map shows each of the Nine Realms within the branches and roots of Yggdrasil.
815Y-3I6fZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I like that the steelbook sticks to same design as the previous game so they match.
It's nice they match but it's such boring artwork compared to the colourful, vibrant epic art on the standard case, even alternative covers have been better. Even the artbook got a better cover...

A1b0TAVpyEL.jpg

Anyway Sony are on a dangerous path this gen, this is the second release now where they have a Steelbook but no physical disc

I mean come the f**** on Sony, it's a collectors edition...COLLECTORS.

I know there's people who have digital PS5 but at the end of the day, it's a collectors edition, pyshical should be a priotiy first, at least you can sell the disc straight away for a good launch sell in price and buy the online version.

It's nice they match but it's such boring artwork compared to the colourful, vibrant epic art on the standard case, even alternative covers have been better. Even the artbook got a better cover...

A1b0TAVpyEL.jpg

Anyway Sony are on a dangerous path this gen, this is the second release now where they have a Steelbook but no physical disc

I mean come the f**** on Sony, it's a collectors edition...COLLECTORS.

I know there's people who have digital PS5 but at the end of the day, it's a collectors edition, pyshical should be a priotiy first, at least you can sell the disc straight away for a good launch sell in price and buy the online version.
I'm more irritated these sets are starting to come with different stuff. They just did it with Horizon Forbidden West and now with this one they come with two different dice sets. The dice isn't enough for me buy both editions but the top edition should come with EVERYTHING the lower editions have in my opinion.

Reactions: Robsonmonkey
Best thing you can do is buy the top edition and buy the other dice set separately.

I am a bit disappointed with this as well. Depending on pricing I might skip it and grab the steelbook off eBay. A shame they did not release also a steelbook/artbook only Special Edition.

Reactions: Rebel
I'm more irritated these sets are starting to come with different stuff. They just did it with Horizon Forbidden West and now with this one they come with two different dice sets. The dice isn't enough for me buy both editions but the top edition should come with EVERYTHING the lower editions have in my opinion.
Holy S***

I never even batted an eyelid at that

Yeah they are different, why are they pulling a Ubisoft, everything from the lower editions should be included

Holy S***

I never even batted an eyelid at that

Yeah they are different, why are they pulling a Ubisoft, everything from the lower editions should be included
Oof I forgot about Ubisoft. I gave up on them when they started releasing completely different editions across retailers AND regions. Not to mention they ran a couple of my favorite franchises into the dirt in Rainbow six and Ghost Recon.

I am actually pleasantly surprised with pricing. I expected the Collector's Edition to be around £220 and Jotnar Edition to be around £300.
Still a let down as a set though.

I pre-ordered both but will have time to decide if I want to cancel any of them until November.

Bulls***

Was on the site a few mins before 10, kept refreshing, got it in basket at 10:01 and it sold out

Apparently it went live to some at 9:50

God damn it

Bulls***

Was on the site a few mins before 10, kept refreshing, got it in basket at 10:01 and it sold out

Apparently it went live to some at 9:50

God damn it
Now I feel bad coming in here to say I secured mine :(

Where are you located? If you are in the US, best buy throws up random stock until release. You can keep track with nowinstock or something similar. I almost always manage to snag what I want that way.

Now... I have until November to secure a PS5 :sweat:

Now I feel bad coming in here to say I secured mine :(

Where are you located? If you are in the US, best buy throws up random stock until release. You can keep track with nowinstock or something similar. I almost always manage to snag what I want that way.

Now... I have until November to secure a PS5 :sweat:
UK

The Playstation Direct website still has it listed but it just says "coming soon"

Scalpers are everywhere

@Robsonmonkey I would give it some time mate, if people not going to pay scalpers I reckon before release when payment is to be made there might be some people having their orders cancelled. Just keep watch around the 7 days prior to release mark.
Plus, as it happened with Horizon Zero Dawn, this was scalped as well and now you can probably grab the collector's edition for around £140 so I'm pretty sure it will hit the market after release at lower prices.

If I decide to give mine up I will keep you in mind, just need to pay me the purchase price and shipping.

Reactions: Robsonmonkey