Godzilla vs. Kong (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 41) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on August 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed Title".
Box Set: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Box_Packshot_4ba3fae9-f91e-46c7-ba6c-f9b39d864552_2000x.jpgFS_packshot_4ab66f05-ab71-4bd3-86da-de73336e349b_2000x.jpgLS_packshot_c692a244-e116-4b0f-97aa-1e3a8b731ff3_2000x.jpgDLS_packshot_11b02c7f-224a-47c0-9c51-be6d33775a0f_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
I’m really not blown away. Steebook ain’t bad. Don’t mind that front poster art. But I do like the full slip and the single lenti. So will be one of those 2 that I’ll go for.

Double lenti is awful. The single and full slip are miles better. Really do like them.
I find it odd that’s it’s only 4 art cards though and one of them is a proper boring image. This film is visually a treat. Why can’t the art cards feature some great scenes. I want Godzilla and Kong fighting on them!

I’ve noticed this with manta recently. Their art card choices have been really poor and they feature the same pictures from the booklet. Don’t really get that. The extras are really lacking nowadays from them

Finishes

Full slip:
  • Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing​

Single lenti:

• Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing​

Double lenti:
  • Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing​

Reactions: goufcustom
Interestingly the website says the steelbook will have an embossed title rather than the usual ML debossed title. Wonder if it's just a typo...

Don’t think it’s a typo. Glad to hear them going back to a embossed title.
Was getting a tad bored of just debossed titles. They were too set in their ways and needed to break that

Reactions: samdavies and DMD4k
Don’t think it’s a typo. Glad to hear them going back to a embossed title.
Was getting a tad bored of just debossed titles. They were too set in their ways and needed to break that
YES to all. Embossed >>>> Debossed > Flat

Reactions: Flloydo
Manta really need to start doing a Nova and Weet and share photos of the slip finishes and lenti video before pre order. I really can’t decide out if the FS and SL. Need to see that lenti quality and the way the back art finish is compared to that full slip front and back.
They won’t show them but I wish they did.

It’s annoying when you regret your decision