Halloween (1978) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: November 9, 2022
Purchase links: Esc Distribution - Amazon - FNAC
Price: €26.99 (Esc Distribution) - €29.99 (Amazon - FNAC)
Notes: Matte finish

1661620026188.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines on route from Italy (exactly the same steel, with 3rd disc and a booklet). Best steelbook design for the film imo, basic flat matte, hopefully not streaky in hand though.

Reactions: djjez83
Well, I have the original UK release with same front art and bossing, so I need to cancel this one now that I see the final product…
Well, I wouldn't say it's the exact same.. That one has a smaller image and it's covered with text, but it does have an embossed title. This one is cleaner and has a better interior and rear imo, plus it's 4K. I like embossing, but I still like this one more overall

• Informative
Reactions: tono06
Well, I wouldn't say it's the exact same.. That one has a smaller image and it's covered with text, but it does have an embossed title. This one is cleaner and has a better interior and rear imo, plus it's 4K. I like embossing, but I still like this one more overall
I don’t really care for the disc since I have the 4K for other editions, I was looking for a different finish on the Steelbook to have a variant but I’ll stick to the other one since I love it, but I can see what you are saying….

Reactions: Lutzo and samdavies
I don’t really care for the disc since I have the 4K for other editions, I was looking for a different finish on the Steelbook to have a variant but I’ll stick to the other one since I love it, but I can see what you are saying….
That's fair. Had I already owned that one and the 4K disc separately I may not have bothered with this myself.

Reactions: Lutzo
Interesting, so the Italian version has the 4K, and then also theatrical and extended versions on blu-ray.

The extended version is the same as the TV cut from the Shout Factory release, right? I wonder if this one also has the added scenes in SD.