Halloween (1978) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: November 9, 2022
Purchase links: Esc Distribution - Amazon - FNAC
Price: €26.99 (Esc Distribution) - €29.99 (Amazon - FNAC)
Notes: Matte finish

1661620026188.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, so the Italian version has the 4K, and then also theatrical and extended versions on blu-ray.

The extended version is the same as the TV cut from the Shout Factory release, right? I wonder if this one also has the added scenes in SD.
Yes, thats correct. Extended is the US TV cut. It should be the same as the shout release in that respect, I don't believe they remastered it at all. The french release has that cut on the blu-ray, with the extras, and the theatrical cut only on the 4K disc.

Reactions: JGCramp
Yes, thats correct. Extended is the US TV cut. It should be the same as the shout release in that respect, I don't believe they remastered it at all. The french release has that cut on the blu-ray, with the extras, and the theatrical cut only on the 4K disc.
Thanks!

Reactions: samdavies
Mines on route from Italy (exactly the same steel, with 3rd disc and a booklet). Best steelbook design for the film imo, basic flat matte, hopefully not streaky in hand though.
You ordered a version with 3 discs and a booklet? I also ordered from Italy, but it's listed with 2 discs and no booklet. Or did you mean something else? I just asked to have my order canceled, though, as I don't like the matte finish.

You ordered a version with 3 discs and a booklet? I also ordered from Italy, but it's listed with 2 discs and no booklet. Or did you mean something else? I just asked to have my order canceled, though, as I don't like the matte finish.

Purchase links in the thread OP is for France release not Italy as it's a thread for France release.
The French SteelBook release is 2 discs and no booklet

Italy release is listed as 3 discs
4K UHD + 2 Blu-ray
Image also clearly shows 3 discs and Booklet
81KLLOYKgIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon Italy
Amazon product

Reactions: MM3
Purchase links in the thread OP is for France release not Italy as it's a thread for France release.
The French SteelBook release is 2 discs and no booklet

Italy release is listed as 3 discs
4K UHD + 2 Blu-ray
Image also clearly shows 3 discs and Booklet
View attachment 544741

Amazon Italy
Amazon product

Thanks for letting me know. DVD-Store Italy has it listed as 2 discs with no me mention of a book - and that picture is not shown in the listing. Will still pass on it as I have other Halloween editions with booklets. That matte finish just ruined it for me.

Reactions: tono06
I don't really need this since I have the Lionsgate steelbook and the Shout 4K, but Fnac sent me a 10 euro rebate code if I spent over 60, and this got me over (along with RIPD - yeah, I know...guilty pleasure - and Ex Machina for my friend). I do like that the Italian one comes with the 3rd disc and booklet, but I've got the TV cut anyway, and even with the dollar dropping today I still got it for a bit under $28USD (inc. shipping). That's not too bad.