Upcoming HALO (Season 2) [Paramount+]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
gi-cover_banner-31896d73f96a4d9991c85a22e369c63c.jpg

Halo
is finally coming to TV. Showtime has announced a series pickup for a live-action adaptation of the epic Xbox game franchise (under the working title of "Halo"), with Kyle Killen (Awake) serving as executive producer, writer, and showrunner. Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt will helm multiple episodes and also executive produce.

The scripted drama will feature 10 hour-long episodes in its first season, and is expected to begin production in early 2019. According to Showtime, the adaptation of Halo "will take place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Halo will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future."

The Halo TV series has found its Master Chief in Emmy-nominated actor Pablo Schreiber!

This dude was awesome in Den of Thieves. Great casting!

Reactions: Billy Talent
I'm sold. Now all i need is Paramount+ be avaliable as streaming service in my country which should be by the summer. Same as Disney+.

Cant say that the trailer did much for me but I'm still interested in giving this a watch.

Curious what other people thought of the first episode...

I love Halo. I used to play the games ALL THE TIME. So I've been looking forward to this for a while.
That said, Something about the style of the show bothers me. It really feels like a TV show.
Maybe Ive been spoiled by other shows that have come out lately. Shows that look and feel like they have blockbuster movie quality visuals. This didn't.

I guess my expectations were too high.
I didn't mind the plot of the episode. And Im going to keep watching because of that.

Anyone else watch it?

• Informative
Reactions: tommyh84