Oct 1, 2013
Release date: June 26, 2023
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK - WB Shop UK
Price: £44.99

86402d1a-2552-41fa-84cf-91489a301473 Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This universal disc does have DV, regardless what the rear says
It's also a disc that has the "flashing" issue on the panny ub820
Tested tonight on my UB820 and no flashing or flickering on DV whatsoever, so either they fixed the disc or Panasonic fixed the player.

Tested tonight on my UB820 and no flashing or flickering on DV whatsoever, so either they fixed the disc or Panasonic fixed the player.
Well I played it as well, and I did have flicking. They can't have fixed the disc, it's a brand new disc lol your player must not be effected for whatever reason. Have you experienced flicking DV with any disc previously?

Reactions: Andy3105
No, nothing at all mate.
It's a well known issue, and there's a fair few discs that cause it, specifically on the panny ub820. I don't own many though thankfully, only 2 that spring to mind are Halloween shout factory and Ghost in the Shell anime.

Assume your player has software v1.69 or later installed? That software fixed most instances. Mines stuck on 1.66 sadly, as it's a region hacked, and the company making it have vanished lol so my choice is watch a handful of discs in DV, or play no region A blu-rays :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
It's a well known issue, and there's a fair few discs that cause it, specifically on the panny ub820. I don't own many though thankfully, only 2 that spring to mind are Halloween shout factory and Ghost in the Shell anime.

Assume your player has software v1.69 or later installed? That software fixed most instances. Mines stuck on 1.66 sadly, as it's a region hacked, and the company making it have vanished lol so my choice is watch a handful of discs in DV, or play no region A blu-rays :rolleyes:
Can you not download the latest software update from the net onto a USB and install it yourself?

Can you not download the latest software update from the net onto a USB and install it yourself?
I can, but if I do it'll override my modded software, therefore loosing it's region free hack. So that's what I mean, my choice is not play a few discs in DV, or not play any region A blu-rays.

I got the Sony UBP-X700 player with a ICOS hardware Multi Region Modification that was done by Multiregion Magic a few years ago
The beauty with their modifications is when Sony release a new firmware you can update from the UHD player itself by using update over internet option and it will not affect the modification
The player will remain multiregion.
You just make sure you don't download the firmware file from Sony website and make a mistake by updating over USB that will leave with multi region modification removed

The same applies with some Multi Region Modifications of the Panasonic DP-UB820EBK 4K UHD Player depending on if it was ICOS hardware modification of the player
The firmware can be safely updated via the player's built-in network connection (ethernet or wifi) without affecting any of the player's multiregion capabilities or extra features.

@samdavies
Was your Panasonic DP-UB820EBK not a ICOS hardware modification or was it just a hacked firmware you installed on your player to make it multi region

I got the Sony UBP-X700 player with Multi Region Modification that was done by Multiregion Magic a few years ago
The beauty with their modifications is when Sony release a new firmware you can update from the UHD player itself by using update over internet option on the uhd player and it will not affect the modification
The player will remain multiregion.
You just make sure you don't download the firmware file from Sony website and make a mistake by updating over USB that will leave with multi region modification removed

The same applies with some Multi Region Modifications of the Panasonic DP-UB820EBK 4K UHD Player depending on if it was hardware modification of the player
The firmware can be safely updated via the player's built-in network connection (ethernet or wifi) without affecting any of the player's multiregion capabilities or extra features.

@samdavies
Was your Panasonic DP-UB820EBK not a hardware modification or was it just a hacked firmware you installed on your player to make it multi region
It was a software mod paul, so just hacked firmware. No added hardware. Which in theory was fine at the time, minimal risk to the player, installed it myself and only cost about 35quid.

If I wanted to upgrade to a newer version of Panasonic's official firmware, but modded, i.e from 1.66 to 1.69, that was an option with a small upgrade fee.

I didn't really think twice about that, as Panasonic are almost non existent with software updates, unless there is a known issue. Typically there was, I thought about it too late, and regionfreedom have disappeared off the face of the internet lol

Reactions: paulboland
It was a software mod paul, so just hacked firmware. No hardware. Which in theory was fine at the time, minimal risk to the player, installed it myself and only cost about 35quid.

If I wanted to upgrade to a newer version Panasonic's official firmware, but moddedz i.e from 1.66 to 1.69, that was an option with a small upgrade fee.

I didn't really think twice about that, as Panasonic are almost non existent with software updates, unless there is a known issue. Typically there was, I thought about it too late, and regionfreedom have disappeared off the face of the internet lol
Multi Region magic provide a service to do a ICOS hardware modification on a customers existing DP-UB820 UHD player £159.00
You can purchase a UHD player from them already done with modification £449

TPS also sell UHD Players with ICOS hardware modification £449
TPS also have service option to do a ICOS hardware modification on a customers existing DP-UB820 UHD player £150.00

Multi Region magic over a service to do a ICOS hardware modification on a customers existing DP-UB820 UHD player £159.00
You can purchase a UHD player from them already done with modification £449

TPS also sell UHD Players with ICOS hardware modification £449
TPS also have service option to do a ICOS hardware modification on a customers existing DP-UB820 UHD player £150.00
Yeah see, the prices are quite different! Haha another reason I went for the firmware mod. If regionfreedom were still running I'd pay them the 20euro to upgrade, but sadly I can't do it now.

As it stands though, if all it means is I have to switch to HDR10 for the 3/4 DV discs I have with this issue, that's not the end of the world for me. If my player breaks in the future, I'll buy a pre hardware modded one next time around I think, to futureproof.

Yeah see, the prices are quite different! Haha another reason I went for the firmware mod. If regionfreedom were still running I'd pay them the 20euro to upgrade, but sadly I can't do it now.

As it stands though, if all it means is I have to switch to HDR10 for the 3/4 DV discs I have with this issue, that's not the end of the world for me. If my player breaks in the future, I'll buy a pre hardware modded one next time around I think, to futureproof.
There's a guy over on AVF who is trying to crack the RegionFreedom firmware.

SW cr*cked FW is just bad. You can't then update it in most cases.
I had Oppo 103 and it was region free cause it was HW based region crac*.
Wouldn't pay dime to have SW based region free...

There's a guy over on AVF who is trying to crack the RegionFreedom firmware.
I know, I have seen. I'll happily take it off him when it's working, but he's been at it for 6 months now, no update for the last month, and I wasn't about to use my already region free working player as a beta test :rofl: