• I am not sure if I will-I am on the fence

Votes: 20 7.7%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey ninjas!

A fun poll for you to comment and share whether you've upgraded your equipment/discs, and why you have or haven't done so.

Have fun!

DB

uhd1-jpg.253454

Attachments

• uhd1.jpg
    uhd1.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 4,771
Last edited:
by 2020, 4K will be gone completely as far as electronics companies go, they are already slowing down now. Laserdisc had a longer better life span than 4K did!
Did? You have got to be kidding! 4K is very much alive.

Name one major manufacturer that doesn't have a 4K model in their lineup.
Name another major manufacturer that has a Full HD model as their top of the line. Should be easy for you if 4K has already failed.
How about CES? Tell us how the big names were all showcasing full hds and 3D tv's.

Just because the market isn't adopting 4K in a hurry doesn't mean it's dead. Did the market switch over to Full HD in a hurry? Nope.

Name one major manufacturer that doesn't have a 4K model in their lineup.
Name another major manufacturer that has a Full HD model as their top of the line. Should be easy for you if 4K has already failed.
How about CES? Tell us how the big names were all showcasing full hds and 3D tv's.

Just because the market isn't adopting 4K in a hurry doesn't mean it's dead. Did the market switch over to Full HD in a hurry? Nope.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! name an electronics firm!!!!!! BRILLIANT!!! name a film company supporting it ............ less than 20% of them. No films = NO CONTENT!!!!!!!!!! bye bye child

I can’t say that all new releases are 4K but a good deal of them are. By no means is 4K mainstream yet but I don’t see a reason why it can’t be in the near future.
What’s not to like about more resolution?

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I couldn't find anywhere else......

I have a quick question maybe someone could help me with?

I got my boys an Xbox-s for Christmas. Somebody told me that it can play 4K discs. Is this true? (I can't try it coz I don't have any 4K movies)

If it does, I don't have a 4K TV so what would happen if I popped one in then?

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I couldn't find anywhere else......

I have a quick question maybe someone could help me with?

I got my boys an Xbox-s for Christmas. Somebody told me that it can play 4K discs. Is this true? (I can't try it coz I don't have any 4K movies)

If it does, I don't have a 4K TV so what would happen if I popped one in then?
It does play 4K discs, if you have a 1080p TV it will play fine and just downscale it to your television. You might still see an improvement.

I believe the Xbox One S is the cheapest way to get a 4K player. Not the best one of course, but it should do the job for the most part.

Was that when it launched? Saw them under 200€ (I want to say 150-160€ (500 GB) with a game) last Christmas but I haven't kept up with their pricing since then. That's the pricing I was referring to as the cheap entryway to 4K. Good dedicated players I'd say are 300-350€+ from the likes of Panasonic, Sony, Oppo... (just my opinion of course).

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Was that when it launched? Saw them under 200€ (I want to say 150-160€ (500 GB) with a game) last Christmas but I haven't kept up with their pricing since then. That's the pricing I was referring to as the cheap entryway to 4K. Good dedicated players I'd say are 300-350€+ from the likes of Panasonic, Sony, Oppo... (just my opinion of course).
Got it at Christmas.

Bundle deal. Console + Game + Extra Controller = €€€€€€

Well you do get two for one with it so pretty cost effective still at that price. Make sure you enable Atmos on it, if you have Atmos speakers that is.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
It does play 4K discs, if you have a 1080p TV it will play fine and just downscale it to your television. You might still see an improvement.
Are you sure? The TV needs a HDCP 2.2 HDMI connection (only on UHD TV's!) otherwise you will get no picture on the TV. Only way to work around is to use a HD-Fury Integral ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Are you sure? The TV needs a HDCP 2.2 HDMI connection (only on UHD TV's!) otherwise you will get no picture on the TV. Only way to work around is to use a HD-Fury Integral ;)
I thought if you were using a standard HDMI you would still get a picture. I just checked and you are right, no picture unless your TV supports HDCP 2.2! Good spot mate! @BluSteel2012, another update for you!:)

I have not technically upgraded yet but I am "on the path". I've already purchased [22] 4K UHD titles and 4K versions of many more so far in my library -- My first step will be to buy set, either of;

a) [2017] LG B7 OLED 55" UHD @ BF price.. OR
b) [2018] TCL 6-series 65" UHD (decent HDR, FALD) LCD @ good price & midrange 4K/Atmos/DTS:X capable AV receiver!

Option A will give me more impressive video quality but leave me on regular lossless audio and 2007 AV receiver for all these UHD titles for at least another year...
Option B will get me very competitive HDR performance equaling the OLED, bigger size image, and enable me to enjoy immersive audio immediately (got plenty of speakers) with the 5.1.2 layout..

Tough decision!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jason Bourne