IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Hawkeye Series Starring Jeremy Renner in the Works at Disney+

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.15.33 PM.png

Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye is the latest member of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to line up his own Disney+ series.

Variety has learned from sources that Disney’s upcoming streaming service is officially developing a limited series based on the archery ace Marvel character with Renner attached to star. The project is said to be an adventure series in which Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, will pass the torch to Kate Bishop. Bishop is a Marvel Comics character who took up the Hawkeye mantle after Barton. She is also a member of the group known as the Young Avengers.

Disney and Marvel declined to comment. Reps for Renner declined to comment.

Renner has been a part of the MCU since he first appeared as Hawkeye in an uncredited cameo in “Thor.” He has since played the role in “Avengers,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” and “Captain America: Civil War.” He will next appear in “Avengers: Endgame,” which hits theaters on April 26. Renner is also known for his Oscar-nominated roles in “The Hurt Locker” and “The Town” as well as films such as “American Hustle,” “Arrival,” and “Wind River.”

As Variety previously reported, there are also Disney+ limited series in the works that will focus on MCU characters like Falcon and Winter Soldier, as well as Loki, Vision, and Scarlet Witch. The series are expected to be six to eight episodes. The series on the Disney+ will be produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, who has headed up the MCU for years. The shows are also expected to have large budgets compared to other television projects.

Netflix previously had its own Marvel TV universe, consisting of the shows “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage,” “Iron Fist,” (which all fed into “The Defenders” miniseries) and “The Punisher.” However, with the imminent launch of Disney+, all of those shows have been canceled within the past few months.

via Variety

Last edited:
Reactions: snow flake
Another good episode this week. Really like that Hailee Steinfeld girl, more good casting from Marvel :thumbs:

Eps 3 was even better then the first two! Top notch.
I remember when they announced an ECHO show I was like... "really? out of all the characters that Marvel has and SHE is getting a series?" But after that episode I can understand why. She is a great character and I can't wait to see more of her.

do you all really think that this show is that good ?
I have my reservations , I can understand that Hawkeye wants to retire after all the events after endgame. but the bad guys in this show : the "track suit gang " even the name itself sounds like a villain out of an old A- team episode . and Marvel wants us to believe that Ronin (Hawkeye ) fought with these guys before endgame ?
and then in the last episode : the arrow with the Pym particles , do you really believe that Hank Pym just hands out Pym particles like he was Oprah ? : " you get a Pym particle and you get a Pym particle
oprah-gif-you-get-a-9.gif

and even in the unlikely occasion that Clint would had been given an Pym particle and put it in a special arrow, he then should only use it when the next Thanos or something pops ups and he really needs it but not waste on " blowing " up a car of the track suit boys
i sure hope that the next episodes will be of a better story level. I loved all the marvel movies and I have all of them on blu ray steelbooks but the series are a bit disappointing in my opion

do you all really think that this show is that good ?
I have my reservations , I can understand that Hawkeye wants to retire after all the events after endgame. but the bad guys in this show : the "track suit gang " even the name itself sounds like a villain out of an old A- team episode . and Marvel wants us to believe that Ronin (Hawkeye ) fought with these guys before endgame ?

You should know by now that that group is just the fodder before the real big bad makes his presence known, from what I've read the post credit scene of tomorrow's episode 4 reveals all (although if you've paid attention in the build up to this show you'd know already who it is and it should be awesome)

The Pym arrow was one of the highlights of episodes 3's car chase scene as well, again you should know by now the Avengers all share their tech with one another so not sure why you're confused about Clint having it?

So far this series is exceeding all my expectations and given the two major characters who have yet to make their appearances yet the final 3 episodes should be even better than the already very enjoyable first 3

This was a fun series and a refreshing return to a smaller scale story. Steinfeld and Renee had great chemistry. Florence Pugh continues to shine in her appearances in the MCU. I’d say it’s worth checking out over the holidays.

Reactions: Robles